Think my days are numbered!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Sep 26, 2007.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I think my days as a serious catfisherman are getting numbered..........I bought a new boat and it ain't a catfishing boat!!

I just bought a 20' Astro ba....ba......bassboat, 150 EFI Mariner and the whole shebang. Boats in great condition for a "98" and the price was right. Whitecaps ain't so bad at 60 mph:big_smile:. May the crappie once again fear me:wink:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Wish all the best for you Bro!!! :big_smile: Good Luck!!!:big_smile:

3. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Charlie
    Congradulations on the new boat, but I don't believe there is a boat built that can't be a catfish boat. Keep that in mind. Luck

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Congrat's on the new boat there Charlie. Did you sell your Xpress or do you plan on keeping it also. Nothing like owning multipy boats to drain the ol wallet.

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks guy's. Carpet is to dang pretty to slime up right now...........give me a couple of years and I'll be pouring chum out of it:smile2:

Chris, got to keep the xpress, don't think them ducks would like a red metal flake blind and I'm not about to that Astro on the Kaw.

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I figured you still kept it...looking for trade secrets on how to convince my wife for a second boat for me.:smile2:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Congrads on the newer boat.Don't think i'd give up on the catfishin though. You'll figure out something.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Congrad's on the new rig Charlie:big_smile:

9. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Told the wife her offspring might perish in such a small boat as mine.........it was a saftey thing:tounge_out:

Attached Files:

10. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    That is bad@$$. I'll have a purdy bass boat someday.

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Dang Charlie just seen the picture's of your boat.....Dude that is one SWEET looking rig you have !!!!!!!!!:wink:

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Nice rig Charlie! Ain't no reason you can't go catfishin' in that thing!

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oooooo Charlieeeee!
    Catfish, the Trophy Sized ones of 60#'s+ will gladly eat Crappie and B-B-b-bassss word you have so much trouble with:wink:.
    So you see, you have a "Catfishing Bait Boat" so when you get enough bait, you can then go CATFISHING! :smile2::big_smile:
    Seriously, I hope it does everything that you bought it to do for ya! If preforms as good as it looks, then you indeed have a nice boat!
    Cordially and Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Msg]]]]]

14. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Looks like one heck of a nice boat that you got there!! I hope to have one someday myself. Good luck with it, hope it brings you many a fish!!

15. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    YUP, sure looks like you're ready to go BASS fishing Charlie:cry::big_smile_2:

16. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Beautiful Boat !! Now we'll recognize you on the water ! If not the boat, it'll be your big smile having found your dream rig !

I know from watching your posts over the years that you've waited a long time dreaming of getting a better rig !

Patience pays off, though, and there ARE sweet deals on boats around if you're willing to watch and wait. I can testify to that. Somehow I've ended up with two 24 ft Party Barge pontoons behind my house. I bought the first (60 HP) with no trailer in July. Then I found the trailer I wanted (tandem axle with surge brakes). Only problem was, it had a second 24 ft pontoon just like the first on it with a 90 HP motor. So, I guess we have His and Her's pontoons.

Even at that, I'd surely love to someday have a beautiful rig like your new one!!

Only problem is now the rules change. When you get hung up in the rocks, or if a tree on the shore reaches out and grabs one of your casts you really can't go after it for fear of scratchin' up the new boat !!! Might cause more lost tackle !!!

17. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    Nice boat!! I also just purchased my 1st Ba....Baa...Bassboat this August. 18ft Champion 150 Yamaha.

I haven't picked up a catfish rod since. I will have to get out the catfish rods soon though to fill the freezer with eaters.

18. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Charlie, Nice boat. But there isn't a boat made that can't and won't catch Catfish. It's amazing how easy it is to stop at the car wash on the way home. SLIME is no match for the power washer. Congratulations on the New boat.:big_smile:

19. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    SWEEEEEEEET boat Charlie. Say could you catch me some bait too??

20. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    nice looking boat hopefully its aluminum bottom