Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Think like a Flathead

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  brother hilljack 
#1 ·
I posted this about 2 years ago and thought with all the new people around and the voracious appetite for Flathead information that I would resurrect it.
Enjoy!

Since we are talking fish, maybe it's time for school! If you want to catch a fish you gotta think like a fish. Ok, I'm a flathead.... not a fathead a flathead. It is getting dark and I arise from my daylong slumber. I've been laying on the down current side of a log all day trying to get some rest out of the current. By Golly, I am hungry, I wonder if the drive through is open? I think I'll head to the head of the hole, stretch my tail a little and see if the current brings anything tasty down. Hmm... I am still hungry. Where them tasty baitfish at? I bet they're nosed up to some structure or hidin in the bushes. They can run but they can't hide for I am the supreme ruler of the water. Let's check that tree that comes in the water there. I think I see some fish hidin up there near the bank. Hey, look at that dummy shad, he's just out there thrashin around like it's nothing, I wonder if he's hurt... yup I smell blood! Dang I'm hungry! There he is, he doesn't even act like I'm here.... Bam! Got you you little bugger! Ouch What the H%$#!? There's a pain in my jaw! I'm gonna run away from here Dang that hurts! OWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! What's that light?!!?!?!?! Elizabeth I'm coming to join you! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! it's a fisherman! What's he doing in the shallow, they usually plunk crap out in the middle!

That's the life of a flathead. Luckily, this one was caught photo'd and released.

Yes, Flatheads go shallow in the night.

Shawn(OH)

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the post, I will try thinking like a fish the next time I go fishing!
Judging by the fish in your avatar, you already have! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.