Think I have found my boat!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I honestly have no idea about that boat bill... I wasn't being rude by not responding, but responding to it would just be wasted space. sorry my friend. :sad2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bill, It looks an sounds worth the money:wink:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Hey Bill if that doesn't work out for you maybe this beauty will still be available.

Let me know if I can help. :smile2::eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bill,
    Go for it if it is what you want 3000. does not sound bad I have been looking for a toon but your talking 5500. to 10,000. so it sounds like a good deal

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill, Just incase it doesn't workout with the boat you are looking at buying I found another idea for a way to get on the water.........I think. :wink::smile2:

[​IMG]

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    OK folks, the bike deal went off without a hitch today, and I have the greenery in hand to turn the boat transaction. The pressure is now OFF, and I am headed to the river to fish with Peg and barefootfishn tonite. Hope to swing the boat deal tomorrow, or Monday. 'Pends on how the fish bite tonite! :)
    BB

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Go get'em Bill!:wink: Smack one on the head and let'em go for Pop Pop.:wink:

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The boat is now in my possession. It is 6 1/2 wide, after all. PLENTY of room with it's 20 foot length. The 200 hp black max sounds like a top fuel dragster. The guy bought the motor new, still in the crate. Once again, he said it has approximately 150 hours on it. He bought it in '91, but it is an '89 engine. We took Peg's Z-71 to get it, and it pulls VERY WELL. Should be NO problem for my Toyota with it's towing package. I have to do a few mods to get it just like I want it, but that's half the fun! Will get pics up as soon as I can figure out why the camera chip, says "write protected" now. It won't let me transfer my pics from the chip to my computer. The chip doesn't have the little switch on the side of it, and I have gone into it's properties, with no luck. I'll get it ironed out soon.
    BB in SC

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats Bill looking forwerd to seeing pics of it:cool2:

12. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Congrats on the boat. Glad to hear you got things worked out and was able to get it.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I got a pic on the computer by e-mailing it to myself and then saving it.

Will get more and better pics later today.

First thing I'm going to do is remove the console and make a tiller handle. Then, I am going to remove the storage boxes that are takin' up the sleepin' quarters. :wink: I am headed to my brothers on Lake Wylie next Saturday, and he is going to:

Check compression
    remove and clean carbs
    check water pump
    drain and replace my lower unit oil with synthetic
    remove the oil injection system

IF I do decide to keep this high powered Mercury 200, we may put a low water intake on the foot so I can run it tilted WAY up when I get near the rock bars. I won't do that upgrade until I decide if I will keep this motor, as it is about a $400 upgrade.

BB in SC

Attached Files:

14. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Nice, Bill, but why didn't you get a red boat? :wink: And if I were you, I think I'd make the tiller handle and test it before I took the console out. :smile2:

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! I know y'all think us rednecks be crazy with our funky tiller handles! :crazy:

I've found that the high powered engines handle JUST as well with tillers as the lower powered engines do. In fact, QUITE COMFORTABLY. :wink: Seriously, with mechanical steering there is a certain amount of "lash" in the steering, which makes maneuvering in tight quarters difficult, to say the least. Tiller steering is quick and snappy. I like to worm my way into difficult spots, efficiently! :wink:

BB in SC

16. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Are you insinuating that I ain't a redneck? Them's fightin' words! :smile2:

17. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I like it! Nice lookin boat. can't wait to see what all you do to it!

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya was able to get the boat. It looks sweeeeet!:wink: I can see the words in big letters on the sides " Team Hardcore":wink:

19. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well bill i can see that it does have the thicker hull then mine, wish mine was a little more stable, oh i did forget to mention on pretty good current river boat launches you will have some fun loading that dude back up, i know i do on mine, which yours may be a lil easier since itll be a little heavier, good luck on the rest

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < oh i did forget to mention on pretty good current river boat launches you will have some fun loading that dude back up,>

Been dealing with this ol' river, boats, and it's challenges all my life. I don't anticipate any trouble in that respect. I did hook it to my truck and pull it down the road a few minutes ago. Peg's Z-71 might not have known it was back there, but my truck sure does! :crazy: I hope I don't have any difficulty pulling it out of the river on the steep ramps we have. If I do, I'll have to get a V-8 truck and use it only for pulling the boat. The boat STAYS!:wink:
    BB in SC