Things just Keep Getting Better...

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Spider, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yeah right :embarassed:
    It's bad enough that I'm out hurt right now, then today I hear from several people i work with that today it was announced that our plant will be shutting down. 25 years down the drain. I guess things are planned on going until about October. I have no idea when I'll be ready to even go back at this point. Boy, I hate the thought of having to start over again a 55 years old. Now I'm really depressed!
    I suppose I'll find out more details when I go tomorrow to get my check.
    Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That sucks. :sad2: Do you think you will get a severance packedge?

3. Oh boy, you are just overflowin with good news lately buddy.:embarassed:

Sorry to hear man. It is the tide of the rich turning, stikin it up the kiester of the little guy.:angry:

I have been with my company for 21 yrs and I heard a rumor of the same thing, and it is scary and sucks.:angry:

Wall Street is running everybody's lives, and it's bull, just like the friggin president and his billions of dollars that's supposed to helping stop this s--t.:angry:

Now the gas companies are starting thier stuff again jacking up the prices. How is the demand growing for fuel with everybody not doing anything?

The fat cat's f-d everything up.:cool2:

4. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    From what I hear, There's going to some sort of severance package but I'm not holding my breath for what this company puts on the table.
    I don't want to sit here and mope and grown about it. Hopefully things will work out. There are many people a lot worse off that we will be.
    I just wish all these rich A-holes that created this mess we are would go completely broke and have to live under some stinking bridge in a cardboard box and eat cockroaches for food.

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear about things going to H--l in a handbasket, but you've got to keep the Faith. It's been said that when one door closes, another door will open for you and I pray that this will be true for you. You may give out but don't give up. Stay safe and positive!!!

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope things work out for you.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Larry that is a bummer. I hope it is not as bad as it sounds. Is your injury work related. If so they will have to work out a settlement with you as well as a close down severance pay.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa

What do they make there? I just heard a local place that makes hydraulic hoses is going out of business today. I know we still need the hoses. I've got a suspicion where new hoses will be coming from now...............

Worker protection is gone. I think the Govt thinks we should all be insurance agents.............

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    sorry ta hear about this larry, no one likes ta hear that happen, jobs are gettin harder ta come by everywhere:sad2:

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Sorry to hear about this bad turn of events.:sad2:.Try and hang in there brother,I like to think that when God closes one door,he,ll open another.:wink:.Hey,you still got us yahoos on here.:roll_eyes:.

11. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    sorry to hear about your misfortune...hang in there man:embarassed:

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    sorry to hear the bad news Larry. keep your head up and keep the faith brother.

13. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Larry---needless to say I am sorry for the turn of events in your life. I really hope that something works out for you for the better. It might be easy for me to say, but keep on keepin' on.

Wishing you the best.

14. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    Sorry to hear that Larry. I am in the same position. I worked for Hershey for 25 yrs. and they sent it to fucking Mexico. I did get a severance package but when that runs out then what. It's hard to live on unemployment. Not all places will give you a package. My sister is in the same position to and she will not get a package. I have a buddy in N.C. and his work is going to F##%&78 Mexico to. Soon they will be a state.

15. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    just got the lowdown today. We were offered a severance pack that wasn't great but better thna nothing. Well, our USELESS union rep turned it down. The company said take it or leave and that they weren't coming back. Now nobody knows if we will get anything. Oh well, it's out of my hands so whatever happens happens. Things will work out but the chances of making what I do now are very slim. Kiss 4 weeks vaction goodbeye, I'll never see that again. There's a good chance that my postion will be alright until at least sometime in October and maybe longer with getting equipment ready for moving. I'm #16 on the senority list so I may be there quite a bit longer than some. I figure it may be a couple months yet until I'll be able to work for my injuries and so far I'm getting money for nothing and not losing a dime.
    It's just going to be a take it as it goes and don the best you can.
    Not the first job I ever lost and didn't get fired so I guess that's a plus.
    could be worse, not much, but could be.
    Thanks for the nice replies and thoughts,
    Larry

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hang in there Larry! :big_smile: I wish good luck to you brother! :cool2:

17. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    The same thing happened to my brother after 32 years they offered him training but he had a motor paper route so that cancelled out the free job training but he did get a severence package same deal sent to Mexico sucks,America's jobs belong here not in Mexico come on Congress and Mr.President our people need jobs and money too and a stupid little $250 stimulus check isn't the answer to it:angry: