Things I miss about the '80s...LOL!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, May 12, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is meant to be kinda tongue in cheak, but I do kinda miss the '80s. Everything was kinda new, and funky, and dorky all at the same time. Kind of an awkward decade. Here's a few things that I "miss" about the '80's, and I will add more as I have time, and think about it more.

1) CHIPS...Mostly because of Heather Locklear
    2) Mullets, and rat tails
    3) Magnum PI
    4) Parachute pants
    5) Police Academy

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    80's era.....lets see now
    • big poofy hair...... yep i had it, never goin there again
    • bright colors.........yep i wore it, looked ok too
    • tight legged jeans..yep had those too, and had the ability to look good in them believe it or not
    • leg warmers..........yep, had 'em, didnt like 'em
    • Solid Gold, Soul Train, & American Bandstand...yep watched them religiously
    • Friday 13th, & Freddie Kruger &Texas Chainsaw Massacre...movie nites at my house with all my friends piled up in livinroom passin and tossin the popcorn around...really miss that
    • Hall & Oats, Hammer-Time, Kiss, Bon Jovi, etc, etc, etc......yep listened to them over and over
    • Pacman, Frogger, and a few others.......yep had 'em and was good at it...always beat my brother, lol.
    I think thats about enough for now, dont you? lol thanks for the recall matt. Had fun delvin into the past.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    the 80's ruled. this was my time growing up.

4. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    That's what I think too! I no longer have a mullet...thank god, but I'm an 80s kind of guy.

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    OMG! I miss the REAL MTV. Not the HipityHopityBumpityBump MTV. VH1 classic is pretty cool, but just doesn't have the heart. No Kurt Loader, no Randy of the Redwoods, no Jay Giles Band. Man there was some K/A videos back then.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm a 60, 70. man. :cool2:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

MTV? What's that??? :smile2:
    Okay, I guess I have to think of things I miss about the 80s....let me just see if I can REMEMBER them :confused2:.

Dynasty.....mostly NOT because of Heather Locklear!

Dallas.....who shot J.R.???

Magnum P.I. - mostly BECAUSE of Tom Selleck :big_smile:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khah.....my FAVORITE Star Trek movie, although the original series really gets me goin'. What IS the Trouble with Tribbles anyway??? They seemed like pretty nice furry l'il pets :lol:.

Ohhhhh....Raiders of the Lost Ark, the BEST of the Indiana Jones movies, by far....

Ms.Pac-Man and Galaga.....okay. Well, my sis was WAY better at Galaga than me, but just try challengin' me to a game of Ms.Pac-Man :cool2:!

Leslie, you don't ever have to go back to BIG hair.....I kinda liked it though, it's the only time I HAD enough hair to really COUNT....

My first concert, Journey the Frontiers tour....boy, was that cool, still is.

Friends hangin' out CONSTANTLY at my house, and me bein' HAPPY about it :roll_eyes.

Wide shoulder pads.....now how did that get in there? NOPE, don't think so.....made ya look like a football player!

Oh, maybe I forgot to mention, I was a heavy metal, head bangin' girl back then.....tight legged jeans, NAH. Maybe tight black shiny spandex pants, and a tiger striped top. Oh, and let's not forget the snake skin spiked heels, or boots :cool2:. (Luckily for ME, my roomate's dog chewed 'em up.)

I was Footloose, fancy free, and Dirty Dancing......FLASHDANCE! What a feeling!!!

After all, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (oh dear, I think I just quoted some Cyndi Lauper lyrics). LMBO.....Matt, life is TOO short to live in the past.

But, I do think that since YOU started this thread you are obligated to post a pic of YOU with your mullet :lol:. I know you'll just HAVE to agree :wink:.

8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    OMG! Tribbles!!! lol.

Who DID shoot JR? I've slept since then.

Tanya...a headbanger? No way! Don't even believe that one. Olivia Newton John fan all the way. Let's get physical is more like it. lol.

You got me on Mrs. PacMan, and maybe Galaga, but Battle Tanks, or River Raid....toast.

My first concert: Johnny Cash at the Clarence Cannon Dam invitational.
    My first "rock" concert: Mr. Mr. Not a proud moment, but my mom refused to let me go to Def Leppard, and felt bad. So, to make it up to me, she let me go to Mr. Mr. Yup...still pissed about that one.

Finally, I am not obligated to show any pictures of me with a mullet. I am however vulnerable to the power of suggestion, and am a good sport. I am almost possitive I am the only one on here willing to humiliate myself like this for the sake of a laugh or two. Just for you Tanya.

Attached Files:

9. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Or, how about .99 cent per gallon gasoline.

10. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Heather Locklear was on T.J. Hooker

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I remember when I started driving gas was 79 cents a gallon here. That was in 1996. So I definetely miss it!!:smile2:

Other than that, I was a kid, so I would like to go back in time knowing then what I know now. I would've changed a thing or two!!:tounge_out:

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Things I miss about the 80's
    * Weird Science, 16 Candles, Duran Duran, Madonna, Goonies!, Karate Kid, Tina Turner, Kirk Cameron, Allysa Milano, Skating rinks on Friday and Saturday nights, jelly shoes, Temple of Dome, Care Bears, Smurfs, Hee Haw, Knight Rider, Charlie Angels, chinese jump rope, friendship bracelets, coca cola glasses, ghost busters, Fraggle Rock!, Debbie Gibson and Electric Youth perfume(I didnt wear it), Thriller, Urban Cowboy, Gilly's, Star Trek..ok..my head hurts.

Thats a few things I miss about 80's:wink:

13. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    "......2)mullets and rattails..."

They are alive and thriving,just hit any wal-mart after 9 pm. on a weekend :lol: :lol:

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I still tight roll my baggy pants..LOL
    I loved the 80's and especially the music and good memories. Thanx!
    :cool2:

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Oh yea, do you go sockless in a pair of loafers while tight rolling them?

I don't miss Members Only jackets.

So, who was the hot dispatcher on chips?

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    the only thing i miss about the 80s is part of my youth.
    now the 60s i miss every thing about them.

17. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    The 80's? I don't know it's all a blur. I think i remember something about reefer, Guess i must of been a truck driver hauling frozen goods or something. :crazy:

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    1. Weird Science
    2. Elvira "mistress of the dark":roll_eyes: :tounge_out:
    3. My Micheal Jackson "Beat it" jacket:lol: (complete with glove:roll_eyes: )
    4. Saturday morning watching Bill Dance
    5. care free summer days:still_dreaming:

19. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Just posting a video that takes me back a ways. One HUGE thing that I miss about the 80s is Randy Rhoads!!! Catgirl, if you were a true headbanger, you will crank this up and wake up the neighbors. While everbody was listening to their bubblegum music, this is what I was jamming to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwq3nNHyPI&mode=related&search=

20. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma

Now that brings back some memories.