Things I miss about America...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Greeting everyone from Japan! Whenever I deploy, I always get to a point where I think about the things I miss so much about living in our country.
    It seems like I've been to so many places during all my deployments over the years...
    1. I always miss my wife and kids TERRIBLY!
    2. I miss waking up on a summer morning to the sound of a distant lawn mower as a neighbor takes care of their yard.
    3. Setting up fishing poles on the bank of my favorite spot (or any spot for that matter) with my son and talking to him about anything he wants to talk about.
    4. Fishing and sharing stories with friends while enjoying a few cold ones.
    5. Catching the unmistakable smell of BBQ on someone's grill.
    6. Telling my dog to shut up when he barks at another dog walking down our street, while we sit on the porch...
    7. Sitting on the back patio with my wife under a full moon, talking about things that will always be just between us...
    8. The feeling of excitement I always feel before getting on the road before a family trip.
    9. Friday night in Vegas (when I still have money to play with:lol: ).

I could go on and on...I love living in our great country...I honestly dont believe that there is another place like it in the entire world. There are some bad parts to it but...dont they somehow make the good things so much better? I mean...we REALLY do live in a great place! So what are some of the simple pleasures that you all enjoy so much?

2. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Thanks Dameon for your post, and thanks for the service you do for our great nation. Your post makes me set back and take notice of the things I usually take for granted. How easy it is to forget those things until there gone.
    God bless you my friend, and be safe.

Flint

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    God Bless you Dameon! Thanks for serving this great country too!

Hope you get back to your family and fishing soon!

:0a31:

:0a23:

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for reminding us that its the simple pleasures that mean the most, and thanks for doing what you do for our country. Keep on takin care of business brother, and stay safe. Hope you come home soon.:cool2:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dameon, thanks for the post and for the job you're doing. Take care.

6. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    Thanks for your sacrifices and for serving this great country.
    One of the things i missed the most were warm bakery goods(in the '60s). A good loaf of fresh bread and some Land o Lakes butter.--shu

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks dameon for all you do .
    simple pleasures ,
    1. punching that time clock at the end of the day
    2. spending a little time with the wife after work and before supper time
    3. watchin a little tv with my feet propped up in my recliner unwinding after a long day
    4. getting on the BOC to see whats up or read a few posts before bedtime
    5. enjoying a good cigar
    6. fishing when i get the chance :lol:
    7. a good hot shower after working outside in the weather all day
    8. being able to crawl into bed at night knowing that men like yourself , dameon are making this world a safer place , THANK YOU

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Ditto what Flint said!

9. Don1

Don1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Dameon have you done any fishing in Japan yet? If so, what are you catching?

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey.... right on... they have fishing over there, I mean doesnt the base have a golf course on it with a pond to use....let us know about the local cats... or is it koy?

bayrunner ray....

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for serving your country brother, we sure appreciate it.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have such a way with words! I too am guilty of taking to many things in this life for granted!I would imagine that Japan is beautiful but it's not home. Also I can read between the lines and tell you are very homesick! It's takes a certain kind of man or woman who makes up their mind when they join the service that they'll do their best to make it a career,you are one of those special people.To say I appreciate what you are doing just puts it lightly. It means a great deal to me to be able to go to bed at night knowing you are doing your part to keep this world safe. I pray God's Richest blessings on you and I pray that soon this blasted war will be over and you and all those men and women with you can come home and stay home! Holy God Righteous Father! I bow before your throne of Matchless Grace. Please look down upon Damien and his counterparts.Please give him peace where there is worry,Give him joy where there is sadness.Give him strength when he feels weak.Please take care of him,keep him safe from injury and any kind of harm.Watch over his precious family and bless them also as they too have sacrificed to have have their husband and father leave to serve our country.Help him to know that it is YOU who is in Control and help him to know that soon he will be home again with his wonderful family. Until then please fill him with an abundance of peace and patience.I ask for this all in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior Amen! Take Care Brother Damien and know I think of you constantly and keep you in all my prayers!:smile2:

13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Thank you for your post...thank you for your sevice...nothing like the good old US.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thank you for serving and may God Bless you and your unit:big_smile:

15. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thank you Dameon, its people like you that we have the freedom here to do and say what we want to. My Wife was one of the first to go into Iraq, she spent a little over 1 year there. OH she spent her 58th birthday there. THANK GOD we have this Freedom.
    Have a Save day and God Bless you.
    Walt

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have'nt had a chance to do any fishing here yet. I know that there are charters for deep sea trips. We have not had a chance to stay in one place long enough yet. Today we are heading toward Korea. Its pretty cold out and the sea is pretty rough.

Thanks to everyone for your support through this thread. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

17. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    :smile: :smile: GOD BLESS YOU SIR, YOU AND YOUR FELLOW SERVICEMAN, ARE THE TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS..........:go: