Things I found this summer

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I totalled up the coins, and weighed the sinkers and pennies for an estimate.

112 quarters
    155 dimes
    55 nickles
    551 pennies, estimated by weight
    large cup of sinkers, some with leaders
    one silver butterfly charm
    8 rings, 6 silver and 2 gold
    9 matchbox size toy cars.

When I think about all the junk added that's been picked up, it accumulates to tons of sand moved scoop by scoop. It's a good thing I didn't hasve to do all that in one day.

Attached Files:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow... that's quite a treasure you've unearthed...:big_smile:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those that got there first.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds to me like you have a very interesting hobby! Some of those rings are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.----------------pk powell:big_smile:

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bob, your hobby is paying for itself. Man that is some haul. So far all we have found is scrap metal and pop tops.LOL We sure were looking forward to some lessons from you. We have a couple of places in mind to check out soon, we hope. You have inspired us with all of your finds.

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I really wish I could have taken this up while I was in Turkey. Old Roman coins were almost common to find. Heck, they still drive on roads paved by the Romans.

6. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Bob, you have done very well this summer. Quite a bit of treasure for sure. And, a lot of good excercise.

I've only had one of my detectors out this year. I have just about forgotten how to use them correctly. I need to get back in the groove. But, currently I am just interested in fishing.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The "TAX" man will appreciate your detailed report. LOL!

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the finds. We are going to Florida this September for a cruise, Disney World and some R&R. So I made sure to get fresh batteries and a folding shovel to take with me.

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    you had a good summer,metal detecting is alot like fishing, you just never know what might turn up.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    The last time me and my family were at the beach I saw a guy using a metal detector in the surf, he was in about 2 feet of water, thought that was pretty cool, didn't know they worked underwater.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    There's some neat stuff...sounds like you've had a pretty good summer!