Things I for got to take on fishing trip.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by luckey wade, Feb 17, 2009.

1. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im heading on a fishing trip out of state.
    Was thinking that I have every thing ready.
    But seems I always for get something.So maybe we can share something not to forget.
    Thanks Luckey Wade

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Once I was going fishing on the Muskium river.M.M.M.R
    And I forgot my Knife .Well My buddie pulled the achor an I had a snag.My 100# line would not break.And the boat was floating down stream.My pole allmost came out of my hands.But my buddy gave me his lighter.An I burnt the string.We almost flip the boat an lost my pole.But if I had My KNIFE Icould have cut the line.:roll_eyes:
    That scary situation could had been prevented.:crazy:
    Once we forgot to turn on the aireater .An lost about 25 baits.that sucked:sad2:

3. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    I was headed to Brookville Lake in IN. a couple years back, it was early march it was the first time i got the boat out for the year and i usually keep my rods in the rod lockers but i did some accessory mounting and forgot i took them out so we got out there bought out of state fishing licences, got the boat in the water and realized i forgot the #$%^ poles!!! So we castnetted some shad and headed home.....IDIOT

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    dont forget to pick me up!

5. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Spare anchor
    prop
    plug for boat
    gloves
    sunblock
    tire for trailer, or tow rig for that matter
    tools....especially if you drive a ford....lol.
    enough lifejackets
    spark plugs for boat & ford
    Most things can be improvised if needed, the one exception for that however is clean underwear. That would be a trip to walmart for sure...lol. Good luck

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Some stuff Ive forgotten are:

Spare batteries for digital camera, aerator, head lamp, etc.
    Toilet paper (lol)
    Spare life preserver
    Cast net
    Cell phone
    Camera

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    lets see forgot the liver once fortunately a local meat market was in west carrolton it was funny rick
    i was laughing so hard i so have almost needed eye drops my eye were so red

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    probably needed the Charmin you were laughing so hard :eek:oooh::smile2: Rick

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't forget the TACKLE BOX. Been there done that.Brother and I was fishing once and we both forgot our boxes. Dumb,& Dumber.Needless to say short fishing trip.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with this and add a couple. Extra boat and truck key and an a extra boat plug.

11. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the info.
    Luckey wade

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Luckey, don't forget a lighter! You'll just look silly holdin up a 60 pound blue if your CIGAR ain't lit. lol

Good luck on your trip.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yesterday I got two miles from home and realized that I had left my gps/fishfinder. :)

BB in SC

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't forget some extra underwear...:roll_eyes: You are gonna crap yourself when you see the size of the fish down there!:wink: Goodluck to you, and the rest that are going... ........rollo

15. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    The thing i forgot that i most regretted was a LANDING NET. I've lost the big one more than once for that reason and i won't forget it again (HOPEFULLY!:sad2:) Good luck down there Randy!

16. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Put me down for:
    - Landing Net
    - Cast Net
    - Lantern
    - Bait (well, it was actually stolen by a four-legged cat, but it should still count, right?)

I'm sure there's more, but I umm.... forget.

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Don't forget the bait, hooks, and rods! The most important thing to take on your trip is your credit card! Planty of baitshops, Wal-Marts around to fill your emergency needs:cool2:.

Good luck, LW! Catch some Gorilla Blues!

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Any other Muskingum River Rats accompanying you?

Is S-Meister going?

19. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Well I got to come in now. Don't forget your bait bucket.

Went to Dillon today to get some some shad. My brother and I grabbed the rods and the fishing bags. Asked the Ol'Lady to grab the bait bucket on the way out. Get to Dillon and guess what? Yep, you guessed it. No bait bucket.

20. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A lot of good stuff on here, but you all are forgetting something HUGE when it comes to forgetting things... your fishing license, especially if you go out of state, it's not that big a deal, until you realize you don't have it the one time an officer stops you, cause then you have to talk your way out of trouble that easily could have been avoided.... me as soon as I get to the edge of the water I check, before I put out a line (and after I've checked a few times before), I check, got myself into that habit and it's one I think I'll keep. Aside from that, well.... I'm not the one to ask, I've had to do some unique redneck improv on well more than one occasion. :wink: