Things are looking better - Now Employed!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by CNTRYBOY, Oct 21, 2009.

1. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    As everyone knows, I have been unemployed for most of this year. Back in the summer I trained with Sheridan School District to become a Bus Driver for the School District. Thru the School I obtained a Class B CDL and became a Substitute Bus Driver. That was only a few hours a week at the most.

Then here about three weeks ago the School ask that I fill in as a District Courier for the School temporarily. After doing the job for a few weeks, I submitted my bid for the position full-time.

I am happy to say that the School Board voted to give me a contract and hire me on full-time. So now I have a position as Full-time Courier for the Sheridan School District and also a part-time position as Substitute Bus driver for the School District.

I am hoping it all works out and I can have a long career with the School District. It is a pleasure to work for the school and this is one job that I can honestly say I enjoy doing!

Thanks to all of the BOC for Prayers sent and for all the encouragement that things would get better. Please continue to remember me and my family in your thoughts and prayers that this will work out and things will continue to look up for me!

Now, I just have to get use to getting paid only once a month and learn to put back for the two months a year that I will not be working when school is out!

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Newt that is great news.I no it has been a long hard yr trying to just stay sane.I went through it for all most 2 yrs once.If U like being around kids this sounds like the right job for you.Con Grads on your new career.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Great new's to here Newton , Iam glad you got a job you can look forward to each day.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the new job Newton, and I don't think it will take too long to get used to the once a month idea:big_smile::big_smile: Stay safe and may God Bless!!!:wink:

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Congrats on the job Newton, I know this has been wearing on you.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to ya Newton. I know it makes you feel a lot better. Maybe ya can make it to our gathering next year.

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Way to go Newton!!! Now ya more $$$$ to do a "little" fishin:wink: by the way that calls for a new rod & reel?????:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink: Nothing like celebrating with new equipment!!!:cool2:

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Atta Boy Newton. Once a month isn't too bad. I joined the Army at age 17 and was only paid once a month. Went to college for 4 years and VA only paid once a month. Went to work for the state, and they paid once a month, now I am retired and get paid once a month... that is once a month by social security, once a month for my state retirement and once a month for the military retirement. Funny thing is, the come in just about at the same time, so in reality, it is once a month. LOL I don't think I'd like twice a month.

9. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Newt.. Congrats on your new job ,I as we both have said I know the feeling of dismay and stress of being able to support your family after losing your job. I'm very happy for you and your family sounds like your on the right track my friend.

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Newton,

That is great news for sure. I know how hard is is when you lose a job. Been there done that several times and it don't get any easier..lol

Don't let those Kiddos run ya ragged now.lol. Now all ya need is a part time job during those two months that Schools out and your all set..

11. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Newton,,, congrats on your new job. Sounds like you have found your job of a life time. I can see why you like it so much, getting to be out and about, not stuck indoors. So happy for you and your fam.
    TC
    Cass

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Your right Cassk. I am never in one place to long during the day. Always on the move doing something, plus have to make a run everyday to East End Schools, which is in the next county. I go by Rays and Glenda's place between 10 a.m and 12 noon everyday. Actually twice - once going and once coming.

The kiddo's on the Bus actually have been pretty good kids so far. But being a Substitute I usually am on a different bus each afternoon about 3 days a week. Sometimes more! Drive different routes everytime nearly - so learning parts of Grant County I never Knew. Good thing them Kiddo's know how to get home........LOL

13. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Just make it easy on yourself and drive the kids strait to your house and have all of em call someone to come pick em up. :wink::smile2:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Newton congrats on landing the job. Being employed will not only help the financial part but will bring a piece of mind. God is faithful.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    congrats on the new job states are :smile2:pretty good retirement too

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    congratulations Newton on the new job, we will keep you in our prayers

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    way to go newt.dont forget to put enough back that we can fish 2 months.we might learn ouachite well enough to catch a few fish.

18. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I plan on it Johnnie! Gonna start as soon as I get the first paycheck.

19. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Congratulations on the new job!
    I know they are hard to come by now days .
    We are gettin threatened daily at the hospital with losing ours.

20. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Newt! Nothin makes a man feel like a man like providing for his herd. Hope it continues to work out for ya, good luck bro.