things a fan notices

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jun 8, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok. us die hard fans watch lap after lap after lap. we watch everytime they exit pits. we see there fuel milage. how there cars work in daylight dark ect.. ect....

what are some of the things you heve noticed this season or in recent past about your driver?

for starters. i have noticed that carl 90% of the time looses 1-4 spots eac time he leaves his pit. today its happened a bunch. i think for a guy in top ten and with 3 wins and several top 5 finishes jack should concider pep talks with the #99 crew. loosing spots on pit road consistantly usually means changes in crews.

in the past when jarrett was a top 5 driver robert yates purchased the rainbow warriors crew from the #24 and put jarrett in the cup spot with crew chief todd parrott.

i think bob osbourne seems to be making good calls and keeping carl up top but the crew has some slack to pick up. not many high 5's today from the #99 crew. most stops have been same or lost spots.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How about during the night races those front lights are only stickers :smile2:. The one thing I would like to know is during the charlotte race one of the guys I think it was allmindinger hit the wall or something and his hood was totaly blocking his view. How do they know where to go, I realise that its only left turns but does the spotter tell them when to turn or do they go by feel?

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think Jr's making better decisions and is more patient, maybe mature, as a driver and it's making him more consistant. He doesn't seem to be making the risky/desperate moves he has in the past that alot of times ended in a bent car or someone else bent car. He's not losing his cool when things aren't going right and getting decent finishes in return. jmo :big_smile:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Have you ever noticed that Jeff Gordon never gets caught speeding on pit road?

Another thing I have noticed lately with this new car is that it is just as good to set the car up for qualifying and leave it that way for the race setup. Im not sure how many teams have figured that out yet. The top 35 cars will try to set up for the race and sacrifice a good qualifying spot while the ones that are not locked into the race go for speed to qualify good. Some of these guys do good in the race on their qualifying setup.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think its because hes been hangen with Mikey Waltrip too long it seems he cant even get close to the top 5 unless he gets lucky with fuel and is able to leach it out longer than anyone else. Im a Gordon fan and I hate seeing how he is doing this year.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jeff is doing bad this year?
    What was he 7th in points last week?
    That's well into the chase field.:wink:

Looks can be deceiving.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What I meant is he is not winning, sure he is in the points chase and I hope by the time the actual chase starts he will in championship chase. He has not been out front I guess is what I was trying to say.