thin cut pork chops?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mactheaxe, Oct 4, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    how would cheap thin cut porkchops cut into chunks work for cats? anybody tried it with any kind of success? i got some out on the trot line right now and thought id ask. figured id experiment a little.

2. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i have never tried that but very interisting.

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I tried some forgotten meat I found at the bottom of my freezer that had gone bad, and did so well I tried it three or four more times with no luck at all. One of those things I reckon.

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    soak it up in garlic or something like that so that it would keep the smell to it for a while and i would think you could catch something on it. people use pork hotdogs soaked in garlic and what not, so i would expect the same from pork chops. be careful with the raw pork, it can make you sick like chicken livers can if you dont wash your hands good.

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Unless those chops are freezer burnt or going bad, they are going in my belly!:smile2:

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can't get past the skillet with a pork chop either guess I'll just have to stick with skippies:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and let us know how it works out for you!!!:wink:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Pork chops don't last here long enough to make it to the fish bait been.:wink: Let us know how you do with them though.

8. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    well, here's the scoop. i havent been at my trot line in a day, i checked it yesterday and all the bait was gone....or so i thought. i went and caught some brim today to cut up and put on the line. one hook was missing, another bent, and to my surprise, a 3 1/2 lb cat. caught me off guard cuz i thought the bait was eaten by little turtles. anyway, hes chillin in the freezer now awaitin to be released in grease. thought youd wanna know. oh, and its so surprising cuz the depth is like 1ft here and i have never seen cats this side of the lake.

9. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Salt pork (Fatback) with the skin on has worked for me years ago. Very hard for a fish (Or you ) to remove from the hook. Bacon works ok but don't hold on the hook near as well.

10. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    well, i got an update. i said earlier i got a 3 1/2 lber on the trot line. well i baited it with cut bluegill i caught earlier and well, i went outside on the dock to smoke a cigarette and i hear splashing at my trotline. so i grab the flashlight, row the john boat out, and find a 3lber and a 7lber on the line. the big one had the swollen head of a horny male. im surprised they still bed in october. not only that but ive used cut bait more times than i can count and no nibbles, tugs, or anything. i got to thinkin about it and maybe thats what they want now. also im thinkin the water is cool enough for em to come this shallow and they are actively searching for food considering they are on the other side of the lake. the current must have drifted the scent and caught their attention. im curious to see whats on it in the morning. oh, and my line im using, its heavy duty thread, two was broke slap off. maybe ill catch whats doin it soon. ill know when i see my hook and line stickin out whatever it is' mouth.