Thieves...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KYTRAPPER, May 20, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Had my trots stole last night. Good handmade trots with removable doubled nib lines and stainless hooks.:angry: Whats wrong with poeple?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh that sux. Some ppl don't like us trotliners. And I understand to an extent because of how some ppl do it, and make fishing and boating difficult for others. Some don't like it because they believe it's unsporting. What's more unsporting, trotlining, or stealing and cutting other ppl's lines? Just this morning, me and a buddy were taking up our lines well off of the main channel of a huge lake, when all of a sudden a big speedboat swerved out of their way at full speed to swamp us out intentionally. In doing so, they cut our line, and got us all wet. Talk about not being very happy. We weren'y bothering anybody, or in anybody's way. Some may not understand alternative fishing methods, but I definantly don't understand yahoos that think they need to harrass others, and break the law to prove a point. Sorry you got your lines stolen.:sad2: Maybe someone was stealing your fish, and noticed what a nice set you had, and decided to take that too?:0a6:

3. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    In my opionon somtimes there is nothing worse than a theif...Sorry to hear about your lines getting stollen man.

4. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    That sux, I hate a theif!

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Sorry to hear about that but as it was said more and more people are coming to hate trotliners.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I can see where people get off hating trotliners, but i have no problem with them. I just think i'd rather catch a big catfish on a rod and reel, that's all. Sorry to hear about your luck though.

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Sorry about your loss my friend. Some people just have no respect for other peoples stuff, or for that matter, other people period.

I always try my best to put my trot lines way out of the way of boats coming through, and do my best to hide them. If not, you might have those helpers. I do mark mine according to the law so they are legal.

A thief is someone I just can't stand. Some Folks just ain't right at all...

8. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I let all my fish go from around 15 pounds and up. I just keep the eaters:roll_eyes: Some people just like to take what comes easy I guess. Thanks guys.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am very sorry to hear that.

10. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i don't trot line much anymore since i started using danny king and mr whiskers bait but still go jug fishing once or twice a year just to go with the guys. we noticed that on lakes where there is decent bass fishing they are the culprits that screw with your gear. just because they can't catch any fish to eat, i think they are jealous.

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    A thief is a thief no matter if a trot line or car!
    If it ain't yourn don't mess with it !

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i came home from work one day, years ago,and my garage door was hanging off one hinge.i went in and found all my fishing gear,2 cast nets,2 shrimp nets,and 4 guns gone.i dont do a lot of trotlining or jugging but i sometimes do.so yes i hate a thief.these people are just to lazy or to dam sorry to work and buy their on stuff.

13. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    i have difficulty w/ the nighttime crappy people and some of the bass guys. the crappy people also seem to enjoy stealing fish off limblines.

14. katfishbangin

katfishbangin New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the worst thing in life is a thief, stealing what others have worked for. Take it in stride. The man upstairs sees all.

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well maybe their mom and dad are brother and sister, and the poor genetics they suffer from dements their knowledge of wrong and right.
    sorry you got your line jacked man. i don't see why folks don't like trotliners. it's a free country, and you're obeying the law, and they look down their nose at you. i don't trotline much anymore but respect those that do. i also respect the b@$$ fishermen that do their thing, even though the fast pace and fake conservationalism they seem to have bugs me. nothing against b@$$ fishermen, but you take a spawner off the nest so its eggs can get devoured by bream and then throw it back so it can perpetuate its species? that's not conserving anything. i have caught fish off the nest in clear water and watched the process start before i even land the fish. people just need to get a life.
    ok, i'm done...

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about that man, hopefully they will be caught.

17. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I have been trotlining for years.Around here people will on occasion run your lines if you don't check them regularly.The bass fishermen just cut them.I have a friend that is a bass fisherman and he told me that when he hangs one with a crank bait he just cuts the line instead of unhooking from it.It burns me up to find my lines cut.I make my trotlines and use stainless hooks.I do catfish with rod and reel but I have 5 people in my family and it takes more than a couple of fish to feed them.I also try to hide my lines as best I can.

18. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If that happened to me, I would have tried to follow them or guess which ramp they'd be loading up at and land a couple fists to their face if I saw them. I'd go to jail with a smile on my face.

I'm glad to see you took it in stride though. If it happens again, try and catch their reg #'s and call the game wardens.

19. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    sorry to hear about your loss. Next time place "fake lines" using electic wire, set back and wait and once in hand flip the switch!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

20. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Several years back I had someone steal my fishing poles. I had some poles in my truck and I went to go fishing. I didnt exactly like the spot I was going to fish at so instead of taking all my rods I only took 2 of the 5 I had in the truck. 2 guys that were fishing near me got up and left when I sat down. I return to my truck to find 2 of the 3 poles gone. I drove around with a brick in my truck for a few weeks. I swore if I saw there truck around the lake I was going to put that brick through there windshield. Never saw them again, probably a good thing too.