Thieve's!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Apr 29, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man, my dad just told me something that has got me really mad. He went to work at his shop and parked right in front of the building as he alway's does. Had all his fishing pole's in the truck, and had one of his very nice long rod's and reel's in it. Well he went in for a while and when he came out his pole was GONE!!! This was a nice pole, custom made Hatteras Heaver rod with a New tidewater reel on it. I just can't believe it, and listen to this. I had just got that rod and reel for him for a Christmas Gift so it was only a few month's old and I paid about $200 for it total!

I swear I can't stand a theif, it seem's there must be a lot of them going around right now. Arlington made a post about someone even stealing his cell phone.

This really, really, suck's!!!

Just had to vent a little......:angry:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that really sucks! been there many times before so your not alone. i learned to never leave anything of value in a vehicle, even during the day. and if you have spare change in a console get rid of it too, i have had 4 windows busted out in my trucks over the past 3 years just for loose change. twice the truck was unlocked! just shows the amount of brain cells those type have.

3. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i know what you mean...i hate thieves more than anything..last fall i had ALL my fishing poles , tackle boxes , net , casting net stolen out of my boat that was behind my house...the worst part was it was parked right by my daughters bedroom window...

4. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    That's bad news on the rod and reel being taken, but there are people out there who will steal some thing they don't even want or need, they just have to steal. While I'm sure your dad is upset, but he still knows what you did for him and to a dad that's the important thing, that YOU did that for him. He won't forget.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's a sad state of affairs Zakk, but thats the world we live in.:sad2: It pays to take the extra time and secure things. Growing up we never locked a door, car or house. Things could be worse though, the truck could have been gone!:eek:oooh: It's just a shame that that kind of person dictates what we have to do and how we must a act. Is there no justice?

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man I am really sorry to hear that! I tell you what I feel the same way about theives I CANT STAND THEM! That is so low to have to steal other peoples things and most of the time they are things that cant even be replaced. I feel for you man, I just wish theives would get the $%$& beat out of them by everyone that has had something stolen from them!

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ok, this is the woman/Mom in me but it is thieves. "I" before "e" unless it is after "c", such as "receive." English lesson/spelling. Sorry.

Now one old adage I have heard is, "If someone steals for you, they will steal from you." Makes sense, a thief is a thief, is a thief. Whether it is time, money, material things, etc. Just remember there are different categories of thieves.

Don't blush, you have a good spelling/vocabulary for the male species. Apply it! :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Its going to get worse with gas prices going up:waaaht:

9. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Bet it was a methhead,Check the local pawn shops.They got some cash for there next fix.:sad2:

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah I figured I wasn't alone on this kind of thing. It just feel's so bad! I mean, these rod's are usually very hard to get. We have to drive all the way to the beach to get a new one and it's gonna be a chunk of money to replace it. Luckily a few week's ago I talked to a guy that was advertising a Hatteras Heaver rod for $100 and reserved it. I was buying it for myself but now my dad and I are going to chip in together to buy this one.....so I guess we did get lucky a little bit on that, usually it is about impossible to get one of these rod's.

I just don't understand why people steal, they have to be very dumb people to do something like that. I just am so mad about this, I mean, when someone steal's a fishing pole from me, my dad, or anyone I'm close to, I take it personal.

This is not the first time we've had fishing pole's stolen, but this one was the worst of all because of how nice it was.

Zakk

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Friendly advice, keep an extra careful eye on that daughters window. Crazies out there, you know.

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I knew something seemed strange about the way I spelled it. Thank's for letting me know.

mspratt,

that is a good idea, there is a good chance it could be in a pawn shop or something. I'm definitely going to have my eye's out for it. It could get ugly if I find out who did it though.:crazy:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sorry to hear this Zakk. The are less morals these days.

14. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    zak do not let it get ugly the big man will take care of it things will be ok go get a big catfish

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that is sad indeed, Jr...and remember,,,i before e except after c :)

16. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Thieves are teh suck.

17. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Sorry to hear about someone stealing your dads fishing rig. We have a member on here that got his gas tank stolen right out of his boat in storage. Some people have no respect for themselves let alone anyone else. As a father and Grandfather I can agree, the gift is still with your dad.
    I'd like to put a different spin on this. Last month I bought a vintage reel on Ebay from a person in Texas. The seller contacted me right away and wanted my address to ship the reel to. I gave them the address and said I have not sent payment yet. They said we will be gone for a week and we don't want you to have to wait for your reel. Four days later I had my reel. The same thing happened to me yesterday except it was a person from New York with a lot less money involved. Just when you think you are circling the drain for the last time something plugs it up.
    Don

18. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    yeah i expect alot more drive-off's at the pump this summer...wouldn't be surprised to also start hearing about people's gas being syphoned from their tanks...

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

AND You , Wild Phil, I can't see that pic. Liked the other one better. JMHO.
    Course you could post the "wild" ones, we all know you have there somewhere. :lol:

P.S. Feel free to delete.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I think I'm more angry then my dad is and it was his pole!

I guess it's because similiar thing's have happened to me so many times. It's really sad, fishing gear is one of the things that I feel very personal about and when someone steals fishing stuff from me or really from anyone it just sends me over the edge. Only if I could find out who the idiot that did it is, like I said I'm going to have my eyes peeled. My dad does it like everyday, I bet they have seen it before and thought about stealing it and now that it was finnaly a better opportunity for them, they did it. I mean the thing is 10 feet long so they had to just swipe it and run. Theres a big window at the front of the shop, so whoever did this was extremely sneaky or something.

I just don't understand it at all, why steal?