Thieves at Lake Kaweah

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rrssmith, Aug 12, 2009.

1. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Talked to Diamonddave today he went to lake Kaweah this last weekend and somebody stole 9 of his fishing poles and his tackle box, if there is one thing i hate it's a thief. I told him i would go through my stuff to see what i can spare:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I know at Lake Isabella they have problems with local hoodlums yogi bearen' people's stuff at campsites(ice chests & gear) just cant trust people now a days:sad2::sad2:

2. ptaylor

ptaylor New Member

State:
    Duplin Co., NC
    Thieving scum is everywhere. If these people would put as much effort into finding a job and contributing to society they wouldn't have the time to be out stealing what someone worked hard to have. Such a piece of crap as that makes my blood pressure go through the roof. What goes around comes around in some form or fashion, if not now definitely later!:angry:

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That sucks. I hate thiefs as well. I had about 9 rods (primarily saltwater rods) stolen from me one time when I lived in Fontana years ago right from the crib. And this was from someone my old girl knew but we could not get the rods back. So I try to be cognitive of my gear when I am out because I heard of stories like this before, even at the river. Lots of predators out there you can not trust.

B

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I agree Brian it is sad you cant leave nothing out of sight. That's why i have a campershell on my truck atleast it makes it a little harder to get to the stuff.
    it's sad to think that there are people that will go to a lake with the sole intention to steal from ppl, I guess it is there Bass Pro shop:angry::angry:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man it is a sad world we belong too:sad2: I don't leave nothing alone out while fishing. Cant trust anyone these days:angry:

6. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    I'm over cautious about my stuff. I won't even leave my boat tied to the doc for 5 minutes if I'm alone so I can run up to the restroom to crap. You never know when it's gonna happen. All you can try to do is use common sense.

Sorry to hear about the loss of rods.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thats why its so nice to travel with BOC buddies... can trust your buddies.... got to watch out for each other.... and most of all, you cant leave anything out that is un-covered.... use a tarp, dont show off what ya got to the folks that come by..

Got to pay attention all the time.... as those a-holes are out there and wanting to get our stuff.....

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good point Ray. I like fishing with someone. BOC brothers look outfor eachother stuff:wink: At the gatherings, we leave our stuff out, with no worries, but out alone, hard to even take a crap without fear of being ripped off:angry:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    That's the reason i ALWAY'S bring my best fishing buddy with me:smile2: His name is THOR though he only weigh's 92 pound's ..... scum bag's dont want nutting to with a all black 92 pound pitbull:eek:oooh: And yes he play's for keep's too!!!

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Or bring my buddy "Ruger".... :smile2::cool2:

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    That is why i liked the BOC gathering so many Brothers around to help watch out for the stuff!!

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is an awesome name for a pit. That must be a muscle bound brute at 92 pounds. All black too? Sweet. Red nose or black nose?

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    you want viscous? how about this!!!

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
  14. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    my son left our fishing rods inside the door at my dads baitshop thursday,guess where they were not at friday when we went to use them,thats bad when somebody has to be jealous of a 7 year olds fishing rod and steal it.no worries though the good dad that i am replaced it with better one,long story short,thieves piss me off lol

15. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    That is why I always go with MRS Heater she rides along just fine and can talk real loud too! I had a guy stealing tools out of my tool box at work he was a seasonal person. I had a chest style box and he was parked by it when the lid was open he would reach in and get sockets. I broke him from sucking eggs as I took a Breakover Bar and broke his arm for him. He swore he was not stealing to my boss but when I told the boss to make him empty his pockets guess what. Proof was in the pockets. I got a good lecture from my boss about breaking his arm. That was 30 years ago Now days that would cost a man his job and then some.
    Don

16. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    It's definitely cool to have some good peeps around. You don't even have to throw the dogs well, as long as you have numbers people usually leave ya alone. I don't do the carrying around a strap thing anymore, a decent blade is about all.

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I like the idea of breaking someone's arm when they get caught stealing. I would say if I was afraid I couldn't succeed then it would be time to call the cops. No point in calling the cops who won't get there on time if the problem can be handled by oneself. Also, the thief probably won't do it again, he probably would after dealing with the courts.

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's like this everywhere. Thieves are amongst us everyday were out. Sorry an sad but ole so true. Sorry for his loss.

19. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I caught a couple fellas a few years back snooping in my truck . I made them choose which one was going to take the ass whipping I was going to give them . These guys was in thier 20s and begging like little bi@#$es . I let them off the hook after about 5 minutes of them damn near turning on each other . I informed them that if I ever saw them at any of the spots I might be fishing at that I would plant both of thier a$$es without questions . I am an a__hole like that and never call the police . I was raised busting peoples grapes and love it when the chance comes along .

20. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Ooooh... I like your style Floyd...:0a24: