Thief on the loose in Caesar Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by philcat, Jul 17, 2006.

1. philcat

philcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Went fishing a Caesar Creek last night caught a lb Drum (Sheepshead)
    as we was heading home for night.
    But I do have a good story that happen as to thief at Caesar creek.
    Me and the wife got set up and just seating around for the fish to bite. Heard something being drag a cross the ground. We turned look back at truck didn't see anything but went and look any way seen a raccoon seating in the woods next to the truck could not scare the thing off.
    Turned around to pick up a rock to scare it off turned back he took off with a bag off the ground. Wife ask me to grab a bag chips she had it the truck. look all over inside the truck for them they was gone. Ask her to make sure they was down there. She came up to truck saying that they are in the back seat diver side she look could not find them in the truck found the store bag they was in no chips. Look at the driver side door seen paw prints on the side of the truck in to diver side front window. The raccoon came in the window took the chips and left. About 2 to 3 hours later look back at the truck after I rolled the window up there was 3 of them sitting on the roof looking into the windows. Had to laugh at the whole thing. Here a pic of one wait for it turn on my truck raccoon[1].jpg . So keep the windows up and doors shut. and have fun.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, at least it was not a real theif, you had me scared when I opened the post.

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    with that mask it could of been the LONE RANGER.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Those masked bandits will wipe out the food supply any chance they get but I still love to watch them.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have been at war with coons in my back yard for about three weeks. Despite everything I've tried, they keep getting into my garbage. So I decided to trap them and relocate them. So far I'm up to 10 coons and 2 stray cats. Haven't caught anything since Wednesday night now. Maybe I'm starting to get them thinned out. It's kind of funny having seen so many how their personalities are different. Some of them are MAD AS HECK and would do anything to kill you if they could. Yet others just roll around the cage like a cat playing with it's tail.

6. CatManAndy

CatManAndy New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got four of em stealin horse feed out of my barn, i got one with the frog gig the other day.

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    If you want to keep the coons (or dogs) out of a garbage can, you need a metal garbage can, a rubber mat and an electric fence charger. Put the can on the rubber mat so it's not grounded, hook the fence charger to the can and a ground rod in the ground by the can, wet the ground if its dry, turn fence charger on and watch and listen to the show.

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    They probably came back to try and find some chip dip....LMAO

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    sounds like to me its over the hedge movie all over again lol

10. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Worst ones I had stole hog mash out of the back of my Vega (I might be a redneck). Didn't really steal it just covered the inside with it.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The above also works on dogs,visitors and the WIFE if you tell her NOT to touch it.There is something about the word NO,with a wife.I have known wives that would let their children tell them no,but NEVER a husband.peewee-williams

12. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I pour amonina in the garbage bags it stop most animals. In minnesota once a bear left muddy prints on the windshield of the car. We had left a bag of chips on the dash.

13. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those racoons can be cute pests.

I fish really close to a family of them and they are constantly trying to steal my bait.

14. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Thats the kind of thief I can put up with.

15. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    if you fish that hospice pond in dayton ever beware! i was sitting about 10 feet away from my bucket full of live bluegill and i heard a noise and a racoon was up on the side and had his head in the bucket, trying to catch my bait. funny thing was i tryed to scare him away and he wouldnt leave! i really had to chase him off!

16. CatManAndy

CatManAndy New Member

State:
    ohio
    I might try the electric trash can. sounds like fun. lol

17. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    You got to watch them thieves. They sneak up on you fast. At least he enjoyed the chips. LOL

18. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    hahaha, great story.

19. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Don't know about Ohio but here in North Carolina we have been having problems with racoons having rabies. Foxes also. If you see one acting strange, especially being agreesive you had better leave him alone. Have had several people bitten by racoons and foxes. If you can't kill the animal so it can be tested for rabies you will have to have some very painful treatment . They can be cute, but also very dangerous .

20. philcat

philcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    We been some reports of bats having rabies in Ohio haven't heard of raccoon for last couple years