thief in my hood

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by poisonpits, Jul 18, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    for the first time sence i been living here i think i have a thief in my neighborhood.ive been bragging bout the nice eater size flatheads ive got in my bait tank well this morning i went to clean them.lo and behold my biggest flat,bout a 10 lbder was gone.i realize it could have been a bear cause we got them here but my neighbors kids were here day fore yesterday and i showed them my fish.i hate to think some one would stoop so low as steel fish.at least i hope they enjoy it wheather its my neighbor or hopfully a bear.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Johnnie...I dont know what to say. I hate to hear that you may have a theif in your area. You better lock up all your other stuff just to be on the safe side. Sometimes big fish just get the best of people, kinda like custom rods you know?:crazy:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Any chance a coon got him ?

Ya might find some bones around someday from it.

-Jim-

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    a theifs a theif , but better a fish than your gear or worse !!!!!!
    maybe if they di take it hopefully it wass eatin or they put it in their pond or fishin hole . sucks though.
    hopefully it was a one time thing . best of luck .

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    :roll_eyes: Burp! :roll_eyes:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is pretty pathetic. My brother and I both had nice bucks stolen out of the barn one night..............I know the feeling well

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Johnnie are you sure that wasn't a walking catfish?:sm ile2: You should have fed him better and it might have stayed home. Its sad that we have thiefs around but there is some, and they are not locked up.:sad2::sad2:

8. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I used to have a lot of trouble with that too. I found a solution. Dogs, bad dogs, lol. You better not be prowling around my house or my cabin at night or daytime. If they can't take care of you, they will wake me, and me and my friends Smith and Wesson will.

Get you a good ole big dog Johnnie.

Enough said!

don3778

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dont feel bad couple weeks ago i decided to go fishing and knew i had 30 carp in my tank and lowbehold no carp? what happened to them the tank has a lid
    did some help themselves or a coon thats smart enough to lift the lid and get out without drowning i guess i will never know?

10. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    You could use the three options that a sheriff's deputy once gave my dad:

1. The biggest, baddest, ugliest dog you can find.
    2. A bat.
    3. A gun.

And by the way the last two are the least recommended.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Worst thing about it is that Johnnie would probably give whoever it was a mess of fish. Or better yet, loaded em up and took them to catch a mess. God hates a thief.:confused2:

12. Kerplunkd

Kerplunkd New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    People stealing fish and deer? You gotta be kidding. Never heard of that before. Guess all the gunshot sounds around here keep most folks reminded.

13. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    Sounds like a good excuse to go fishing again :roll_eyes:

14. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Could sound something like, "Oh, man! That dang thief took my ten pounder...gotta go get a twenty pounder now!"

15. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Man, Johnnie - I hate to hear about the fish! Guess you better stop inticining Cassk like that, at least she left you some of them. LOL :smile2:. But, seriously, at least it was the fish and not the gear. Find the bear and then make up for the fish with bear meat. Just give me a call and I can help ya with the bear. I love bear meat!!!

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You may or may not feel that shooting someone over stealing some fish is in order, but if you just want to scare them, buy yourself a box of tracer shotgun shells. They are made to help you correct your aim when you're having trouble learning to properly lead ducks and other birds. At night, they make a streak of fire that's definitely impressive. There's a caution on the box not to fire it at anything flamable within 100 yards.

17. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I had a bucket with ziploc bags of frozen shad thawing out one night. They were all gone the next morning, bags and all. I sure hope nobody took them thinking they could eat those shad. I bet it was a coon. But if it was a person, I hope they did eat those shad and got the lesson about an hour later. What a way to make stink bait.

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Maybe take some fish to the kid's parents & ask when was the last time they had fish???Maybe the kids said they caught it just to show it off???

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    worse thang bout the whole situation is i dont have time to catch some more.i invited some people over for a fish fry this sunday and now with the biggest one gone i dont have enough fish.i went yesterday but all i caught was 6 rock bass and 4 kentucky red eyed bass.so i got to crawl on hands and knees abd ask cassk if i can borrow some fish.man this is gonna hurt cause i know she aint never gonna let me forget it.

20. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Dang Johnnie I'm not like that, not let you live it down and all. Thank you for the fish fry, John and I had a great time and the food was great.
    Now about the fish you borrowed, :wink: guess we'll have to go fishing to replace it, darn I hate that :smile2::smile2::smile2: