Thicketty

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trackerpro17, Nov 19, 2009.

1. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Fished thicketty again today caught 43. Not very big but alot of fun took 35 home.

GOD BLESS

Attached Files:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Not many big fish in Thicketty except carp. The new house across from where you turn is my cousin's house and the white house just up from it is also a cousin. My best friend live on the road on the way in and we call it the dead sea. Its a pretty lake and its great for what it was built for, flood control. The crappie can get nice size and a few good bass in there. Good luck and stay safe.

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Where is this lake at? I think if it has bass and crappie a cat might just make it there.... sounds like me need to move some santee cats up that way...

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its a SCDNR lake in Cherokee County off I85 Exit 87. Its like 100 acre lake with one small paved ramp and no pier.

5. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc

I talked to an older man down there yesterday he said he had caught 3-5 lb. cats out of there and I talked to a game warden and he said there were some good cats in there. he said something about when they drained down cherokee they transfered some fish to thicketty. I'm gonna stay with it and hopefully I will get 1 or 2 of the nice ones.

God Bless!

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck. As old as the lake is surely they are a few catfish in there better then 20 lbs.