Thicken dip bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by dwreel, Aug 21, 2006.

1. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Just had a brain storm. Has anybody ever tried adding the lint from their drier to thicken the dip bait? I'm saving my lint and will give it a try soon as I have enough. I know cat tales are preferred, but can't find any around my area.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Never tried lint. It may just work though. Good luck, let us know how it comes out.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tell us how it goes, I usually use corn meal to thicken up my baits.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I would test it at a small level...that lint would have dryer sheet scents and softener scents soap scents etc.....but that doesn't mean it won't work..you can use toilet paper to thicken it up.....use the rv kind ...no scent....

5. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Do u use dryer sheets in your dryer....they usually have some sort of "fresh breeze" smell or somthing on them so not sure if that would end up in the lint trap and mess up a bait. Might make the stink go away...LOL

Why not just add flour to thicken up a bait?

6. Justyn Catfisherman

Justyn Catfisherman New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have been using the lint for years and it works like a charm. I also use cotton balls that i tear up. And cornmeal. They all work great good luck.

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Would flour do a good job as well??

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When adding lint or cattails to dip bait you end up with a punch bait. If you want to stay with a dip bait I would suggest you use peanut butter to thicken.

9. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Coumb your dog or cat and use the fur its natural and thickens the bait just add it till you get what you want for thickness.Cornstarch works good cause alittle goes along ways.Corn flakes ground up dog or cat food, plain old dirt works.
    Loop

10. Justyn Catfisherman

Justyn Catfisherman New Member

State:
    New Jersey

flour does work. i use the lint, the cotton balls and flour