Thia Fish Sauce Has Anyone Used It? And Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bipolarguy, Oct 9, 2008.

1. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Since it has a very very strong fish sent thought i would try it in a dough bait.Has anyone used it and did it work.

2. I have heard {My father has tried} fish sauce in chicken gizzards and it works very well.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    When I make Chiang mai, I use it but never thought of using it for bait before.

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I have read several posts that use it in their recipes. I never have though. Good luck.

5. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well i soaked some shrimp over night and tried it today and got alot of good hit and a few realy good smacks but no hook up,so i'll keep trying it seems like it might do pretty good,we wiil see:cool2:

6. Thrillah

Thrillah New Member

State:
    Ponchatoula, Lo
    I'm married to a half Vietnamese girl, and we cook traditional vietnamese all the time... and Fish Sauce is the star in plenty of the recipes so I have abundant amounts of this stuff at any time. I've never thought about using it for catfish, but it would probably work. It's usually fermented anchovies with salt and water, so it's strong in the fishyness department.

7. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    I haven't used Thai fish sauce but I have used the Filipino and Chinese versions of it and it works well when you soak your cut bait in it overnight. Had to stop using it after I spilled a little in the fridge and the wife went ballistic... Hope it works for you.