They're Heeeerrrreeee....(mosquitoes)

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GatorT, Apr 16, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Easter Sunday, and again last night, the only thing we found bitting were the mosquitoes - drifting, anchoring, out on the lake, up on the river - everywhere we went was a bust.

One channel cat out of the cast net on Sunday, one bull head that was hooked in the back last night. Bait is everywhere.

Marked fish everywhere - channels, ledges, flats - shad, bream and white perch were the bait varieties. The water temp was in the low 60's.

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. The only other post I see in here is loosing a cast net, so I guess I ought to feel pretty lucky.

It got pretty windy last night, so I came off of the lake about 12:30. The water was still pretty stained, muddy.

This is normally where I'd say that I hope this helps someone, but all this is doing is taking up space. Y'all please, please, please wish me better luck next time.

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I have been out a few times too, just nothing much to talk about. Tuesday after the rain caught a 3lb blue and last night caught a couple pounders. All were in front of the state park. Stopped by the Wateree Dam Tuesday night and apparently they are biting there. There were probably 7 blues between 3-10lbs in the little pool behind the platform.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes the mosquitoes are already FIERCE. Seem to only be bad at dusk and dawn right now though, here. Unfortunately, I have MISPLACED my Thermacell. I remember taking it out of my tackle box for winter, and cannot for the life of me find it now. That ain't cool atall. No question, a new T-cell will be MANDATORY before too much longer.

Bll in SC

4. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Thank's bill , u just reminded me to put the T-cell in my bag for santee fri & sat.:wink::smile2::smile2:

5. JenJen

JenJen New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill -

I've been putting some serious thought into forking over the money for one of those, but I have a hard time believing they work as promised. Rekkon you're saying they do?

Bout how much area will they keep clear? We have a small office/sun room where we keep all of the windows open, and the little buggers have already found their way in. (this is where our computer is - we spend a lot of time out here) Would one do the trick? Not much bigger in here than your average boat.

Thanks for any input.

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    JenJen, They work wonders but if you were to use one as much as you say you are in there it would cost some big money, the refills on those go for $20 a pop. I do however recommend them highly for outdoor activities.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I didnt know the Mosquitos were that bad on this lake. No worse feeling than getting tore up by them...

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Bill u got mail!