they'll put anything on tv nowadays

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by solomon, Jan 30, 2006.

1. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    just sitting here with the tv on and wife swap comes on. I just got to thinking about tv shows I like to watch, and I really couldn't come up with anything, besides Boston Legal. I don't get it. Wife swap? The bachelor? Survivor? etc... Why do they think any of this stuff would be interesting. I get tense just watching because I get aggravated listening to the people, but I only have one channel right now, and I've seen enough of Dora the Explorer. I want satellite but I want a boat more. Guess I should just turn the tv off.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeh whats with tv these days who wants to see some guy eat pig intestines or watch the gay couple makeout or see a family that takes care of animals get a new house cause they care more for strays then there own seems to me tv has pretty much gone to 4377 my wife and i think they need to bring the old shows like the waltons back least they got up every sunday and went to church tv these days has gone the opposite way sin sin and more sin what is tv teaching our yuoth its ok to kill do drugs rob banks and God forbid have gay relations man tv makes me sick ....anyone agree

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Thank God for the Classics. The Waltons, Dick Van Dyke show, Green Hornet, Time Tunnel, Combat!, I know there are others, but these came to mind.

Ray

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    And thank god for fishing shows! lol:) Man there really is alot of trash on T.V.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    the onyl new shows that i watch now(other than the classic cartoons, im 18 i still love the Simpsons) are My name is Earl and Rescue Me when it comes back on in June or July, and not to mention hunting and fishing shows

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i never could get into the reality shows, especially Survivor! that show bored me to death. i know a lot of us on here have went through more exhausting stuff getting to bank spots than their petty competitions.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear ya.
    Yes there are others. Lots of good ones. I could name em all night. LOL.
    I dont know about TV these days. I dont watch much TV but I get a look see now and then. Just not much I care to see. That wife swap and many others is crap. Its really somehting when your trying to be a parent.

8. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I hate reality TV.

I can't wait until this fad goes the way of disco...

9. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    It's all about money. They don't give a hoot who is watching their shows. The Ratings are configured to please the big companies who foot the bill for air time. A few years back I put the stop watch on 3 different shows. From start to finish, on an average we got 16 min. show time and 14 min. commercials.

The big companies Have to spend large amounts of money on advertising. So the networks sock it to them for the privilage of advertising on their net work.

Huge amounts of money are spent by poll takers to see who is spending the largest amounts of money and on what. These are the age groups and income groups they target. Joe Camel was a good case in point.

When we register a new product we are often asked to fill out a short "survey",,, So we can better serve you. Don't believe it. They are profiling you.

10. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yep the tv nowadays has more garbage than i care to think about.
    youd think with about 100 channels that youd be able to find a whole lot of entertainment but its like finding a parking spot close to the store on a saturday afternoon.
    ray you got it right about the classic shows andy lucy honeymooners etc.
    and zack has it down with the nature and fishing shows, cant go wrong there.
    the new cartoons they have are sickening.
    i will turn that nonsense off if i find my youngest watching that puke.
    i bought where the red fern grows and treasure island and a couple other dvds for dirt cheap and the kids loved em.
    you can only watch something so many times though.:crying:

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    there are a few modern shows that i like
    everybody loves raymond
    king of queens
    that 70's show
    to name a few

12. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    yeah joe camel got my attention. Still trying to get rid of him.:mad:

I have to disagree with you DRC. My daughter has proven that you can alternate watching the same Shirley Temple and Dora Explorer over and over and over and over and over and over and over and.....well you get the picture. I hear it in my sleep.:crying:

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    solomon we have watched a few movies the same way but i meant these i named actually
    they have been watched maybe 4-5 times and thats it
    the movie empore of the north i have personally went through 4 vhs tapes and we are on our 5th one.
    my little son and i could just about repeat word for word the whole script
    its a movie that just struck us as intrigueing i guess.
    i under stand your situation though i truley do LOL;)

14. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I know I'm just kidding. You learn to appreciate dead silence after you've just completed a 5 hour Dora marathon. :)

Anybody ever notice sometimes she says stuff in Spanish:confused:

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep she does speak in spanish she and the networks know that soon this country will be speaking alot of spinish infact i doubt theres very many school that dont have a mexican in it we can thank our great country for that u know if we are going to let people in our country they should alteast be able to speak our language english that is im not prejiduce i dont think but if i moved to mexico i would try to speak there language

16. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    i'll shy away from that if you don't mind:rolleyes:

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only watch high quality, lifer altering hows such as WWE's RAW & WWE's Smackdon! :)

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The reality shows seem to be like well vourism. People wanting to spy/watch what other people are doing. I myself can't stand them. Alot of my friends are avid viewers. What shows do I watch?
    the 70's show
    lost
    ghost hunters
    Bill:)

19. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its funny because I love the show "Cops"but my wife hates it with a passion while she loves Stupidvivor, the Swan and all those other shows while I hate them. Go figure.
    Im all about Discovery Channel,Outdoor Life Network, National Geographic and Animal Planet and sometimes SPIKE and my wife enjoys RFD -TV for the Horse shows.

Those stations are my favorites.
    I use Direct TV and cant wait until I get to choose which stations I want to pay for. For now, I just program the remote to skip a bunch of the shopping, religeon, and news channels.

Salmonid

20. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Too many of the fishing shows are little more than some guys in expensive boats out catching fish (think some of those fish are plants). But few of them really go into the how to of fishing. I get tired of all those great trip shows to far off parts of the world where I know I'll never go.