They stole our fish!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by J. Percy Priest, Nov 29, 2008.

1. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Well we did not even catch any catfish at kentucky lake and we went all day for 3 days.... we came back in the morning and i saw one noddle way out of the place i put it.. ( i had it tied down so it shouldnt have moved.. Pulled it up no fish. But there was a catfish freshly killed on the boat ramp 10 feet away.. then i pulled up the 2nd one and it had an atleast 8 pound catfish on it already missing its fillets with the hook still in it.. then we realized they cut up our fish and left them on the hook and the one that was on shore was the one from the first noodle! So they stole the fish and even left it there for us to see right on the hook

2. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sorry to hear you ran into some butts. What part of KY lake were you on?

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. You can't get any lowert than stealing a mans fish and then rubbing his nose in it!

4. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    yea and that was the only 2 catfish that we caught 0_0 we went home with no fish :/ just the skipjack my dad got.. We were down at the pacer point boat ramp where it happened pacer point is right next to the hancock biological station. We fish between the grain mill and the big bridge a little past the marina ( right next to the park ) we had noodles out there all night by the bridge but we couldnt get a thing up there. we used chicken liver and fresh cut bait. The only place we have had luck at in the past was the grain mill but there is a lot of gar and snappers over there that drag the bait away

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is sad but their day will come. :sad2::sad2:

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    at least you got your jugs back they have taken fish and jug all from me before

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    And they probably went and bragged about the fish they caught

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    More like they are probably braggin about the fillets they caught,"stole".:angry:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a pretty dirty trick. Some people have no respect for others, but as mentioned previously, it all comes back around and those boys will be sorry someday

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Lord after 50 years there is one thing I have learned....what goes around comes around. 3x worse usually :/

:angry:

11. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's messed up! On the bright side, at least they have good taste in fish....

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

You said it Cher. I hope it gets those boys soon!

13. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Sounds like someone was stakin` out their territory on ya. Trying to discourage you from fishing there, maybe?:confused2:

14. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Now that would make me one pissed off Italian with one hell of a mean streak !!!!! Sorry to hear about your misfortune !!!!!

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hate to hear about it ! I have had it happen on the cumberland river below Barkley dam seems if I run jugs I got to stay with em all night long . I can't stand a thief !:angry:

16. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Three things I can't stand !!!!!! A thief, a liar, and a cheat !!!!!!:angry:

17. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Yep it will come back to them.. they are going to get a 4 pounder then when its at the side of the boat a big cat is gunna jump up and swallow it and break the line.:tounge_out:

yea we use to stay with them all night long but then it got too tiring to come home at 7 am and be all sleepy and wake up late in afternoon. so we usually decide to camp with the jugs while they are out having a fire and stuff.. but in kentucky they got game wardens and police boats unlike up here in TN.. but we have been told by the other catmen to not put noodles near where die-hard bass fisherman go.. they like to take a knife to the jug lines 0_0.. we have had 3 noodles cut/missing its line so far :/

18. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    That's wrong...really wrong. I hate a thief!:angry: