They make great bait (proof)

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Southerncats, May 19, 2009.

1. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Here's a pic of a blue that bit off more than he could chew

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum, to bad to the Bass. :smile2:

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    there was 119 lb blue @ bass pro in nashville. the guy that oversees the tank said they fed him loaves of bread because he ate alot of the big bream and tried to eat a 10 lb laregemouth!!! i havent been down there in the last few months so i dont know if hes still there!! he said a bass angler in a tourny in alabama caught him.. i think i got my story straight:big_smile:

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! That's a pretty amazing pic of a Big Ol' Blue scarfing on a bass!! It would be scary to see the size of some of the fish, those cats can eat. I watched a show called Monster Fish a few weeks back. The focus was on the Wels Catfish in Europe. According to studies done on the Wels Catfish, they can digest food (Fish): 1/3 of its' total body size. Considering a Wels can reach lengths of 9' or better, that's a 3' fish in its' stomach!!:crazy:

5. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama

Well I guess it depends on how long they have had it......but the State record in Alabama is 111 lbs.......that could be the 108 lber Cary Winchester caught in the bass pro big cat quest in 2007 out of the MS river....I'm not sure where it went.

6. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    it was just last summer when they got it!! maybe he said the guy was from bama ?? but i do know he said it was 119 lbs because they where saying it was just like 4 or 5 lbs off the record.. i will search for the vids i had on my phone of the fish!!

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your right that is the cat that Cary caught..He's grown since he was put in according to some of the faculty I talked to there..We have some over at Opryland too I think the biggest one we got is 86 lbs..I go down to feed them sometimes and you can actually pet them while they come up to feed..We usually feed them liver but on occasion I'll bring them some cut up skipjack..

8. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama

Thanks glad to hear that cat is healthy and growing.....I hope they age a fish like that when it does die to determine how long they will live....I think they did have one in Chattanooga that was over 100 in the aquarium.....I didn't no opryland had an aquarium with big cats in it....I caught a 73 lb flathead one time (5-6 years ago) and was going to donate it to the chattanooga aquarium, but they wouldn't take it because I cut a slit in it's lower jaw to tie it off in a pond with....they said in an aquarium it would get a bacteria infection and die, but in the wild it would be fine......so I turned it back loose in the TN. river

9. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just a few days ago i went to the basspro by opry land and it didn't have any blues in the little aquarium that i saw, maybe a diffrent bass pro, how come that blue didn't have this bass or crappie down it's throat? without a hook anywhere to be seen, just curious

10. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I was at Bass Pro at Opry Mills about a month ago and there was a big blue in there then.

11. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    thats the bass pro im talking about!! the guy might not have known the true story, but he told mee 119 lbs and it was caught by a bass fisherman in a bass tourny! you know how a story goes when its been told a few times- something always changes!! if someone knows the exact story let us know!!

12. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That fish was found floating dead like that....It couldn't swallow or spit the fish back out

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    At Opryland hotel theres a river inside the Delta Atrium and you can take a boat ride around the river..The big cats usually stay inside the boat house so you'll never see them but they are there..They had flatheads too but theres a track that the boats use to ride and they would try to hide in the tracks and the boats would run them over and kill them so they got rid of the flatheads..I went yesterday to bass pro @ Opry Mills and the big cat was alive and well..Boy is he a hog!!!