They hit my daughters home again.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Oct 30, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Remember my post in July, Mexicans had already broke in and my granddaughter came in on them.

Happen again a couple hours ago, only this time my daughter was home. A Mexican ring the doorbell, daughter looked through the peep hole. He went back to his car, she went to a back window, watching the alley. They live on a corner, through the picket fence she could see the vehicle slowly drive into the alley. One made it over the 6 ft. fence and started breaking the gate lock to let in the other scum bag. Now both had bandanna's covering their face. Daughter panicked, grabbed her little dog, phone and ran out the front door calling 911. They heard her and took off. This time the police were there in minutes. She gave them a description of the scumbags vehicle.

She called us, still crying, she said the mask over their face scared her. She missed a good chance for she has a gun. But maybe it's for the best. At least she suffered no harm. I'm sure if my son in law had been home I would have know the outcome. I feel I'd know the outcome if the same thing happen to her mother! Texas law gives the right to one to protect their home with deadly force. And in Texas you don't have to worry about being sued by the criminals families! I can't say the same for here. AR has not passed the "Castle Doctrine" law. In AR you must try to flee before using deadly force.

While typing, daughter called, the police are back at her house with the two Mexicans, one a juvenile. GOOD for the cops, job well done! But now, what will be done with the scumbags, especially if it's a trial by their peers.
    The police said their apartment was full of presumed stolen items.

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad they got em and your daughter and family weren't hurt.

We can only hope that justice is carried out.

3. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I wish Minnesota would follow Texas' lead.

It must have been an incredibly frightening experience for your daughter. It's good that she didn't get hurt, and I hope she is alright emotionally as well. Hopefully the system works and they go away for a long time.

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    think i would "flee" out the front door, but have to check the back door. cops here told me to "trip" backing away, then can say i couldn't get away and feared for life.
    gary

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am afraid that they wouldn't have to worry about a trial if they tried that at my house. I would just wait for them to come through a window or what ever they did to get in. I can promise you this much, they sure wouldn't leave the way they came in, they would have a big long zipper in their near future!!!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Glad the cops got them. I'm glad your family is also safe.
    I agree with JW,they sure wouldn't get out the same way if they tried it here either. The dogs would get a nice Mexican dinner...:smile2:

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    they just passed that law from what i hear, u no longer have to "flee" or try to retreat or defend urself....just shoot first & ask questions later, esp since they would have been in the house with her!!!! good thing for them she was too scared to stay & use deadly force, prob the same guys, now he'll be tried as a juvenile, put in the "system" & do it again!!!!!!!

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    These are the guys who very well may be better off in a body bag.

I hope your daughter recovers emotionally, I'm sure it freaked her out pretty bad.:angry:

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad your daughter is OK. I woke up this morning to a front door that had the glass broken out of it. Whom ever tried to get in, opened the storm door and hurled a rock thru the window. I heard my dog go off late last night, but thought it was the boy coming down to raid the fridge again. I have now gotten my gun out and have it loaded just in case they return. Later Andy

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i will tell you this much. i have 2 rifles, three 12GA. shotguns, and an XD40 waiting for them if they ever try to break in to my place. if they wanted in that bad, i would just sit and wait for them to come on into the house. they could leave the same way, but i gaurantee that they might not be dea, but they sure would wish they were.

11. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Dayton: The good news is your daughter was able to call you after it was all said and done. Yes, it is nice that the cops got the jerks but a whole lot better that your daughter is OK.

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Olefin, I am close to the same age as you. I find it very difficult to understand this kind of thing. It just did not happen this way when I was raised. They were local hoodlums or local nuts. The community took care of it or the relatives did. The violence did not occur, the fear was not there that your daughter had and has. OK come in and steal my potatoes, no worry about bodily harm. Our fears now are not just the robbery, but what they will do to our loved ones just because they can. Ergo the necessity of guns. I feel for your daughter and anyone who goes through this. I honestly don't know what I would do, none of us really do until we go through it. I hope that I can do and have time to do what I will need to do. John.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    That ever happens to me ,I know of a few deserted mine shafts out in the desert. :wink:

14. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

Yeah dont you love our laws, they have to shoot first basically, that pisses me off, if some one is trying to get into you house,barn,chicken coop whatever you should be able to bust out the shotty. If you were able to shoot these idiots they would probably think twice about doing it. i know i would prefer jail compared to OO buck shot!!!! glad shes ok

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Pit bull security at my home but nevermind the dogs beware of the owner,nothing I have is worth your life and if your down and out and ask me you might see what kind of heart I have.....MANS HOME IS HIS CASTLE! That is too much even fer me.............................Should of put em out! I would be a ward of the state for sure!

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Olefin, It's high time Arkansa put into law what Oklahoma has. They have the make my day law to where you can shoot and ask questions later. I don't know if it's an option but i would recomend you advise your daughter and son in law it's time to move. Those two mexicans would be proud and lucky to see a cop if they were to try something around my place. I have enough artillary to start a small war and would without hesitation use deadly force.

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yes all of the U.S citizens should be able to protect home and family. I am glad no one in the family was hurt as for the "suspects" they will probley or could be shipped back to mexico only to return in another area or get out on bail and go to mexico on there own and then come back again in another state durn I hope it's Ga. I need some catfish bait LOL

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Main thing is your daughter is ok.Hopefully as everyone stated the law will take care of the hoodlums but i wouldn't bet on it. Probably take them to the border ,tell them never to come back over here again (Yeah Right)Hopefully they will get whats coming to them.

19. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Dayton, sorry for y'alls worry. Wish our lawmakers would realize that we are being invaded; literally, and not just prejudiced of some sort. It's hard to believe we have to worry of violence or worse, on a daily basis. The cost to us as a people goes far beyond the estimated cost on any spreadsheet. If they do not address it soon with vigor, it will ultimately change the face and fact of America forever. It's just sad.

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I didn't mention it but last month, one night about 3AM they (someone) broke into the house across the street from my daughters. An older widow woman was in bed asleep. She is hard of hearing. The security alarm company called her and asked what was wrong... police were on the way. She hadn't heard the outside alarm going off. They had broke in the front door and tripped the alarm. And there is a street light in the front yard. The alarm had scared them off.

They don't live in a bad part of town. In fact, that TX city is rated as a pretty safe place on the list of Least - Most Dangerous Cities. Here... Hot Springs is rated as one of the most dangerous towns for it's size in the USA. :sad2:

Thanks for your comments. We are thankful she was not harmed.