They got us again...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Mar 15, 2008.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The people in the southwest well know what happens when a refinery goes out of action. I think last year one in Kansas went down, gas prices went up. One in Oklahoma went down, prices went up. Recently one in Texas went down, prices went up. Basically it only effected the brothers in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas (I believe). Well, get ready for a national price increase. The wheat harvest in the U.S. was down this year, plus the Chinese bought an abundance of the grain, making it scarce in the U.S. And the government giving incentives to use wheat as an alternate fuel source, has all ready caused the price of a loaf of bread to double. And it is going higher, right along with pasta, pizza's - generally anything based on grains. Face it guys, everything is going to increase fairly rapidly, except wages. There may not be anymore weekend fishing trips as it may be the only way you can break even on the expense would be to camp for a week. I'm retired and can do that, but what about the people still working. I know it would be communistic for our government to stop the oil company's and others from profiting in times like this, but maybe a democracy just isn't going to protect the citizens as it used to.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, we are going down hill fast and the end may be in sight!

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i thought for sure by now that thing would have calmed down a bit. looks like it getting more out of control. ya think we will see any changes when we get a new president?

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Hey AwShuckie,

Thanks brother for brightening my day..It started off pretty good until I read your less than uplifting post...lol

Thanks..Sigh... More bad news...gheeze..

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

One thing for sure you can almost set your clock that we will see some changes.But they won't benifit us any.:sad2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sadly, when they drop gas prices back below $3.00/gl we'll think we are gettin a good deal.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    3.29 a gallon I paid this morning.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but we haven't seen anything yet. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well Fellas It AIN'T gonna get NO better Tell we Kick the BUMBS out of office and I mean All Of Them. And if We don't take our country Back, Who will? All the Tree Huggers,Special Interest Groups,save the Buck Tooth Rino Crowd,Don't Drill in My Back Yard Nerds,Be Nice to Your new Hispanic neighbor who just took your job association,I Mean CLEAN HOUSE!!!! Hang on to Your Guns Folks because before they can finish the RAPE of the American People They(The Government) will have to get them First.Now I Bet You Wanna Know How I Really Feel Right? LOL J.D.
    :wink: