they caught a few below Carlyle this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Slick Skin, May 12, 2008.

1. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I know some guy's who fished 5 or 6 mile's below the dam this weekend and caught afew here's what they reported to me......friday night..1 ,blue 28 pound's...2 flathead's in the30 's and one in the 20's ....saturday night....1 blue 46 pound's and 2 flatheads one in the 20's and 2 in the teen's .fishing with bluegill's....

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Wow! Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I've never had any trip that good. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I would.:crazy:

3. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    they called me ,just to rub it in .....:wink:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wow... time to change my fishing location for the time being! :eek:oooh:

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    they were 5 or 6 miles down below the dam....caught them on bluegill ,the blue's they caught during the day on cut bluegil.

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    that's good info to have. the last thing i would ever want to do is horn in anyone's spot, but wow that sounds like some fantastic fishing!

7. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    You would have to be fishing right on top of these guy's before they would consider that horning in...:wink:...they caught all these on a two mile stretch of the river.......they are going back this weekend so I'm sure I'll get a report next week .....they put on the water just below the foot bridge [or the swinging bridge which ever you want to call it] just below the dam.....they stopped by Ma Ma Lavish's and Hinkel's to get their gold fish but said they couldn't get a bite on the goldie's .they caught all thier fish on blue gill's....

8. NEW CAT

NEW CAT New Member

State:
    illinois
    I was thinking of going there this weekend.I have only been there 1 time befor in april of this year.Did not catch anything withwiskers (paddle fish stripers,carp,wall-i,great bait fish)but no cats.Is there other places to fish from shore,and if so how and where. I fished on the east bank right by the dam last time.Also how is the fishing at night on the lake side by the dam.Any information would be great. Thank you

9. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Mike, My buddies that fish below the dam off the bank go below the foot bridge on the west side at night ....the river is bank full ..they are hoping it comes down a little..