They Are Watching ........

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 22, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    In several posting I have made over the last several months I have mentioned some of the people that we must be aware of and that may be “lurking” in the background. These Scumbags may be members of PETA. Some people actually believe that there is no one out there that would threaten our right to fish and or harvest fish for food or Sport.

In the past PETA and like organizations have and are still trying to outlaw trapping and hunting and now fishing. So far, in most cases, their actions have been of little or more of an annoyance to most fisherman, but this may not be the case for long. I believe, that some of the recent actions in doing away with lead shot for hunting and now in many places the trying to do away lead sinkers for fishing is being instigated by PETA or like organizations.

If you think they are not dead serious about their actions you are gravely mistaken. Following is a paragraph taken from the October 2007 Outdoor Life magazine.

“In June, an effort to protest “the billions of fish who are abused and killed by humans every year for food and sport,” PETA unveiled what it called “The World’s First Empathy Quilt.” The quilt, which is more than 300 square feet, Shows humans impaled on fishing hooks on patches, and such slogans as “Don’t Be a Fool …. Fishing is Cruel” and “Fish Are Friends, Not Food.”

So Brothers and Sisters be always vigilant and be sure that the Scumbags of the earth are watching and waiting for every opportunity they can find to snatch a little piece of those things that we love and hold dear to us.

Garry-

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    gary lets put the whole thing out there like it is. bird and bunny nuts are so politically correct is make me sick. peta are terrorist and lobby to kill our right as sportsman whether hunting or fishing. they are more concerned for animals than people. their agenda is scary, also they are so against the core american value of god and country it makes me sick. i wonder what would peta do when jesus said show a man how to fish and he will eat a lifetime. peat can go to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. rick

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    these are same people who are cry foul over the meat we eat. saying that butchering cows, pigs and chicken is cruel. one thing god gave man dominion over animals to use as we wish. i didn't say be cruel to animals but we have the right to eat steak, hamburger and sausage very sick and twisted scumbags. peta is rick i will get off my soapbox now lol

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I am waiting for the day that they will harass me while fishing.I will give em an ear full and pull out the biggest piece of cut bait.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I realize there are folks like this ,Iam prepared to become a criminal if they outlaw any of my passions,and in return I might start hunting peta and others [just for the sport of it of course].

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    those scumbags make me sick hunting and fishing are part of the care values of this great nation. i could imagine peta telling the pioneers they could not hunt or fish because of cruelty to animals even today people hunt or fish today to survive. the pioneers would have shot them up with buckshot god bless the fisherman rick

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think i could change most of there minds if they would just come to my fish fry..my wife sure can cook:tounge_out:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    wow when is dinner i am hungry just trying lighten things up lol rick :eek:oooh::big_smile:

9. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    I seen a site peta had about fishing they always twist true stat. around to there way. They came to my sons school in FL to talk to the kids about killing fish. I took my son home early that day and told the teacher that I as a parent wouldn't let people poison my sons mind with lies.:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you see thats the truth peta are sick and twisted people who want people to become vegetarians and worship trees instead of god. they are really sick when they play with the mind of impressionable young kids. thats shows how ruthless and demented these people are rick:crazy:

11. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    good post for sure.. my opinion is if you give those people attention that they want than they win, i really couldn't give a crap what anyone from peta has to say and no matter what they are never going to be succesful at what they trying to do. The only PETA i stand for is PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS!:big_smile: and fish..lol:roll_eyes:

12. GumboGalahad

GumboGalahad New Member

State:
    Richmond, Indiana
    If someone wants to hug trees and animals that is their choice. Can't they just quietly do it for their own satisfaction and feelings of moral superiority? Why do they always have to get the spotlight turned on them? The worst is when they try to get legislation to ban hunting and fishing. Now they are impacting my quality of life and I can't have that. Luckily the majority of Americans can see what is going on so they are just spinning their wheels. My friend had a bumper sticker that said it all- "I didn't claw and fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat grass".

13. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    SCREW PETA ! :doubt: They can eat all the Tofu and bean sprouts they want, I aint gonna do it! I've bout had enough of these "Goody 2 Shoes" types trying to dictate how the rest of us live. I'll give up my gear when one of those sumb!@*$"s makes it over the pile of their dead brethern in my front yard to pry it out of my cold stiff fingers!

14. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    hey-its joadb-the resident liberal-chimming in to say the PETA folks are lunatics.

15. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i say they start a peta hunting season :)

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    They are all nuts. They ever try harassing me or my kids while out fishing or hunting peta is gonna stand for something else...People Experiencing Tremedous A$$whoopin....:angry:

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tell you what, if they ever got lead sinkers outlawed, that would put a hurting on alot of us!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i could care less about them and think pamela and her silicone pumped @$$ can shove it.

well ive always said like richard. ill be a criminal in the back woods because hunting and fishing is a part of me. i have catfish, bass, crappie, bluegill, deer burger,deer ham, d-brats, d- sausage, d-roasts steaks chops ect, squirrel, snapping turtle, frog legs, ect ect.... ect... in my freezor. and really dont much care for p.e.t.a. or any other person thats tells me im bad for having it there. weather its a 22 point non typical, button buck, 2lb channel or 40lb flathead. i live with my choices and when there in the freezor for my use and not wasted i will lose no an iota of sleep over it. and if im dreaming of p.e.t.a. theres crosshairs on em.:wink:

19. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I want to see some figures showing exactly how many animals Peta has saved, and how much money each member pays towards wildlife conservation each year, because we do have figures to show.

Twenty years ago you rarely saw a whitetail deer here in SW Ohio, Wild Turkeys were even more scarce and the Bald Eagle was on the Endangered Species List.

Fast forward to 2008. Whitetail are everywhere. Turkey have made a huge comeback, and the Bald Eagle is not endangered anymore and showing up in places they have never inhabited. Almost all the money to fund these conservation efforts comes from us buying our fishing and hunting licenses each and every year.

Where do these pinko-commie nut jobs draw the line?

Aren't plants alive too? Well, if they practice what they preach they'd eat styrofoam and milk jugs, because you know...plants are just as alive as fish, and if fish have feelings plants must have feelings too. Right?

I think we need to remind them that they can talk all they want about saving the animals, but it's a cold hard fact with figures to back it up, the group of folks that has done the most to benifit wildlife conservation efforts here in the U-S of A are the hunters and the fisherman.

Let Freedom Ring!

Great Post Gary!

20. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    This is America where freedom to do what you want is only limited when it infringes on someone elses rights under law. We as sportsmen and conservationists are the ones responsible for making an ecosystem work with balance while promoting the the health of the breeding population of fish. Put a few of these radicals in the woods with an equal amount of hungry bears and see who goes for a gun and who dies for his/her principles.