They Are Raising LOZ?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Itch2Scratch, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    According to the lake website they are projecting .10" rise per day. Seems like it was later than this in the past that they raised the lake. I hope this gets those cats going, but unfortunately it looks like winter type weather is back with us for a few days.:sad:

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I noticed their forcast showed it going up the next couple days.I'm not sure if they're ready to start filling it back up or if it's because they are generating some power at Truman.It may just be temporary,it seems a little early yet compared to the past.

3. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Well the weather is supposed to be heading back down below freezing within the next few nights.Maybe snow Tuesday.I guess I'm to blame,with the spring weather a few days ago I thought we were in the clear and went and shaved off my winter beard.LOL!!! That's just like washing the car and causing rain.I guess I jinxed us.The old timers said St. Patty day is the day to plant taters but I'm glad I didn't and I'm glad.I mighta brought in a blizzard.Maybe I would be safer to leave the county till it warms back up. I would hate to get lynched ;)

4. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    I usually don't shave it till mid april...but my youngest grandson of 11months was spending a couple days with me.After the second or third time of him winding his little hand up in there and then pulling for all he's worth...finally with tears in my eyes and him a fist full of hair, I thought it was close enough to spring.LOL!!! I went in the bathroom and took the old shears and then razor to it and come out.The look on his face was priceless.I think he had forgot what I looked like under there cause he didn't quite reconize Pop-Paw when I came out,it took him a few min. before he would come to me.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Wolfie, would you please tell Critter that I am not talking to him because he shaved and brought this crappy weather on us?:glare:...LOL.. WE SHOULD BE FISHIN!:0a32:

6. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    LOL!!! Wolfie, tell him I SAID I would leave the county for a while. ;)

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Wolfie please tell Critter he doesn't need to leave, if he fishes ALL DAY TUESDAY....that will be retribution enough:p ....LOL

8. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    WOW!!! I said I was going to leave the COUNTY.Someone must have thought I said I was leaving the COUNTRY because I got an award after that.LOL!!!
    I hope they don't take it back when they figure out I like it here in the good ole USA and plan on staying. ;) :0a31:

9. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Congrats on your award Bro, well deserved!:)

10. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have been up to the dam the last few days they have been runing a lil water looks like every day in the mornings

11. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    YEA,I didn't get the haircut yet,Don't want to cause one of those spring blizzards like back in 78 or 79 whenever it was.My hair grows pretty fast,my profile pic was back in late august or early september and my hair was above my ears and pretty short but now it's past my shoulders.In my younger days it was pretty common for it to be down about the middle of my back,stayed that way about 20 years but after 40 I started keeping it pretty short in the summers but come the first frost I start thinking about hunting and cold weather and I kinda get the old Grizzly Addams look before winter is over. :cool: Maybe Ken will start talking to me again since I am still trying to prevent that blizzard LOL!!! Besides I don't think either one of us will want to turn loose of any money for an arbitrary mediator :D

12. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Its still really low I think they will bring it back up in the next couple of weeks.

13. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Yea,it's still down at 654.18' right now.That's almost 6' below normal pool.It should start to rise in the next couple weeks but we need some rain pretty bad.

I would post water temp. but the site I usually get it from says 0 degrees right now,somehow I think that is off by about 48 or so. LOL!!

14. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    They actually dropped it a couple of feet this week. My trailer dragged the ramp when I put my boat in yesterday and a boat that had been in the water was beached and dry as a bone. One of my neighbors caught a 52lb Blue night before last I might have caught something close or thats the rumor. See ya on the water!

15. NoCat2Big

NoCat2Big New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo
    From my Daily observations they are running water late at night and cutting if off before the sun comes up. It's up and down on the extreme upper LOZ.

EXTREMELY LOW.. in the late afternoon. but the white and hybrids are hitting late, and some decent pan sized cats are hitting too. My neighbor is telling me that some DECENT cats are being caught between 10pm and 3AM at the truman dam on Shad heads with one gill plate cut off. ( by decent I mean 20-40 lbs) West Bledsoe Ferry side (The Station Side).. 4-6 buoys outs.. Long cast upstream, but a decent baitcaster will make it. That or add more weight and throw like hell.

16. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Just checked...lake level at 654.08 and 47 degrees....sure hope this rain tonight helps out some.

17. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    I do too.We had a couple hard showers tonight but they didn't last that long.Just about dark I was coming back from Laurie and I had to pull over at 135 and J,it started raining so hard I couldn't see the end of the hood.It lasted about 2 minutes like that, then it was just a good shower.We got a good hailstorm up here about 10 or 10:30, it was beating the side of the house pretty good.

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Hope it comes up ,had a few back problems the last two weeks ,should be well by next weekend ,will be heading down next saturday to put in at drake and do some scouting for first weekend in may,Didnt fish jeff city ,just resting the back,but two weeks without fishing is killing me ,must fish must fish,must fish lol ,

19. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Its still way down at 654.00 Robert...it's about as low as I have seen it since I have lived down here...sure would be nice to see a little current flowin again.:sad:

20. Crispy Critter

State:
    Missouri
    Well,it looks like LOZ might be headed back to the normal pool.It's at 655.2' right now and it's supposed to be 655.7' by Monday.Hopefully it will be back to 660' in the next couple weeks.