They are losing velvet finally

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by VerotiK, Sep 6, 2005.

1. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I got this picture of a 6-point that has been hanging around my feeder. I got a picture of him a few weeks ago and he's just recently lost his velvet. The rest of the bucks in the area are still fuzzy.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1705/6point7sv.jpg

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Nice pic. I havent developed my film in a while hopefully I will have some bucks on the film again this time.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Seen a couple of small buck four nights ago and they all had their fuzzy headgear on. It's close though, days are getting shorter in a hurry.

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    :D I'm hopeing for a good rut this year.Last season we had a trickle rut and warm weather.We really haven't had a cold winter in Arklahoma in a few years,we should be due.I was in Washington Co. Ark opening weekend last year and temps were in the 40's by noon.The only deer seen were the ones running through camp after all the early risers had just left.My uncle was brewing coffee,and was 20yrds from his rifle. :D We heard maybe 10 shots in the woods from Sat to Monday. Better luck this year!

5. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Im hoping for a snowy cold winter too buddy. We'll see. Its been a while since we've had a bad winter, so we're due.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Ive been watching our herd here and havent seen anything that gets my attention. Some small bucks lots of does and yearlings. Bucks have stopped comin out in the field so I figured the were rubbin velvet. Hope for a good Rut this year too, Usually as long as these ole does hang around I get to see nice bucks. :004:

7. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    I killed a little buck in velvet this weekend. Anyone know where I can get some formaldahyde to preserve the velvet? Or does anyone know of a better way, formaldahyde is supposed to work pretty good.

8. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    LIL Mac I also have noticed a huge decrease in the sightings of big bucks its about that time of year and hopefully you are right and we will have a great rut this year last year it seemed to come in and then go out just as quick.