They are just words:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 27, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I recently posted some of my thoughts about killing dogs, or more explicitly what my observations were concerning this. I expressed this to you in words. They were just words arranged in a manner that you could read. You, the reader, interpreted them as you choose. All of you who responded, responded in the way you interpreted those words, and you all did it in an excellent manner, in your own way. Barb and Tanya are examples of this.

I have more words I would like to arrange for you. I am not here to look for reps, or thanks, or garnishing 10,000 posts to get to Grand Duchess of the Eskimos Paratroop Squad. I sincerely like you folks. I like this place. I really think of you as friends, and I am sure I would enjoy your company in any situation. (for those of you who don't drink, I can always have soda available)

So, with just these words I am letting you know I thank you for letting me arrange them for you to read. Postbeetle

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John, you arrange your words nicely. Keep on arranging them for us to read, and I will keep on rearranging them to accomodate my sublime agenda!:tounge_out:Oh, and keep a frosty bottle of Crown on hand for whenever I make it up thrrr.:wink:

3. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I havent read a post from you I didnt like. I relly liked everyones posts on the animals. Im glad you brought it up. Im glad that both of us found the BOC:big_smile:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have no use for drinkin but I sure love how you use your words to form a story!!They are great keep us the writing,as I have said before you would make an excellent author of Short Story Books. Sister Pat:big_smile:

5. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Now that you have thanked us I want to thank you. Anything I have read that you wrote has gotten my attention from the start and kept it to the end. I not only read words but felt the words. You give every story passion. Even though you don't think you need it I want to Thank you for supplying this for us.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    John, you have a unique way with words that I look forward to every time I get on this site. I actually look for your posts. And I look forward to wacking down a few brewski's with ya bro. You appear to be my kind of guy, up front and ya tell it like it is.

7. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

John:

You write quite well, ever considered writing a BOOK?
    I'm sure a lot of BOC'ers would agree with me.

Tight Lines & Good Luck.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    GRAND DUTCHESS OF THE ESKIMO PARATROOP SQUAD

Great! A new rank that TEA is gonna have to shoot for. LOL!

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Mr. Stinkbeetle, i would like to thank you for your word arranging, you do it very well. I especially enjoy your dry humor mixed in with a bit of sarcasm. I myself am not a good word arranger, the words are in my head but i have a problem getting them arranged in a readable order. You my friend don't seem to have that problem and i look forward to reading more of your arranged words. Your word arranging is very much appreciated hence the reps and thanks!! Oh--by the way, mayhap if the mood strikes you could give us the story of how you arranged the name Postbeetle.

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks for askin' that question Steve, I was wondering myself :cool2:.

11. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    No no no, Thank you!

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    hey john

im with everybody else.

im gonna take a guess on the name postbeetle...

in reference to a dung beetle that spends its life pushing a lil ball of crap around. only you spend your time online pushing around a lil ball of literature. i always thought of it as a play on words sorta. how far off am i? by the way-- i like my pop minus the soda.

j.d.

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    "Upchunker" thinks I'm a dung beetle. Wouldn't be so bad. Al Gore would hug me for being environmentally friendly. I would feel like rolling him up.

Ol' "Spitshoot" thinks of me as a stinkbeetle. Wouldn't be so bad. I could go to Hollywood and fit right in.

"Rat in the Hat." wants me to go broke buying Crown. We would have to split a bottle.

Dave and JAin are true Southern gentlemen. Don't want anything from me. I'd infest their house free.

That wanna-be Irishman from the U.K. (Mike) thinks I should be a writer. Sounds good. You guys critique my proofs, and we'll go on Oprah together.

"Catscratch" is a typical woman. Wants to know the meaning of my handle so she can talk about me at the bridge club.

"Oldgrowler" seems a very intelligent woman. She actually meant Thanks when she said it.

"Pea Kay" I gotta have a talk with. Maybe she could be the publisher. She would have to deal with the lawyers while I fished.

Ol' "Train Crash", big wheels rollin' is gonna try and beat me to Grand Duchess of the Eskimo Paratroop Squad

People have asked me if Postbeetle means "after" the beetles. Nope, never listened to those 5 guys from Brazil. I was so old when they showed up I couldn't get into their music. I was more into Gospel. People have asked me if the name means I like to post a lot. Nope, I just like to drink beer. I actually did woodworking- refinishing furniture and the like. I did this when I had 10 fingers, hearing and eyesight. Powderpost beetles are not uncommon in old wood. I especially liked the "deathwatch" part. Tells you a lot about my personality. So from

Dungbeetle, stinkbeetle, Deathwatch beetle, plain ol' Postbeetle or just hey you, you folks have a good day.

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    Death, Dung, Post, whatever; you are a fine wordsmith.
    I enjoy your writing...W

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I have unearthed some scientific evidence of a rarely seen variety of beetle which I suspect some of you may recognize if you look closely.:smile2:

Attached Files:

16. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    that is funny!!!

i should have guessed powder post beetle, being as i run a lumber treating plant to prevent just such insects. sorry about the dung thing. maybe it wont stick.... no pun intended. however you mean it, you rock. not everybody has a personality and so far i like yours.

j.d. (up-chunker)

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am going to tell you guys the same thing I told that meat cutter "Rat in the Hat" when i reputationed him 10,000 points. (Well I probably can't get one word by the bosses here) suffice to say that I can't stop laughing. That was way cool. Wish my hat were cleaner.

Now I gotta go after "Upchunker"

18. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is a great thread. Funny stuff.

I say, you keep postin, write that book, Pat edits and deals with the lawers, kat inthe hat(Matt) buys the crown, and I'll go on Oprah with ya.:smile2:

Till the book is done though, keep postin, I love this stuff!

19. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is Central Standard Time, 8:00 p.m.-getting ready to go to bed. It has just dawned on me that Kat-in-the-hat and Baitchunker have just called me a Shi$head. God, I can't can't stop laughing. Man. ain't it amazing the power of words and the power of pictures. I won't be able to sleep now. Thanks a lot you two.

20. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    There you go arranging words again. I didn't call you anything of the sort. All I did was share a photo of a rare breed of beetle. I thought it was informative, and inerresting. Biology is cool, and kinda bizarre at times.:smile2:I double dog dare you to use that pic as your avatar for a week!!!