They are hitting & hitting hard

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfish kenny, Aug 8, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its on they are hitting hard......last night we went to the wall & I had a 6inch gill on a circle ...tied the pole down ...bout 45min ...."BBBooooooooo yyyyyaaaaaaa!" clcker sounded like it was gonna blow.I fought this fish and it was not trying to let me get it belly up....I got it up and saw it befor it comocosied into the wall and snapp.....I am guessing it was in the high 30s maybe 40ish......No doubt it would of been a pb but thats how it goes.I did land a 14 plus blue-a 10-8 channel.We left late and Lilly had to work so we had to come in but them big boyz were runnin lastnight fer sure & we are giong tonight...hopefully I will break my 25lb record......Man what a rush I wish Id landed it.......I am gonna break it one of these dayz:roll_eyes:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck kenny. Heading out tonight myself for an all-nighter. Hope to have something good to post up, nothing for me this year over 32 lbs so far.:embarassed:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Skip I want to break my pb of 25 so bad I can taste it.....only if I'd quit loosin em-..:eek:oooh:..I hit that one on gill and we was using bite size shad....seems to be the ticket...hope I can post next to you with a good one!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some exciting fishing. Good luck tonight and I hope you break that PB

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hang in there Kenny. You will get there. I fished that Wall last year for the first time. I believe there are some good ones in there. The way it looks the Wife and I are coming up this fall to try our luck again. Hope to get to meet you. Later Rusty...

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Rusty Let me know when yer comin - I am always ready fer the wall...!:wink:

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope you get a good one Kenny!

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Kenny we are talking about the second week of Sept. 6th through the 14th. I won't be able to fish the wall this year do to no Iowa fishing license... But don't have to get to far south to get to Mo. Andy is checking on camp sites right now for me. Good luck with the wall tonight....Later Rusty

9. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Geeze
    I don't have tackle heavy enough for that.
    Kenny remind me to show you how I rig a regular dip net for a wall.
    later
    just

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bob I do and we can get you there:wink:YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE-HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!:wink:

11. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Good luck tonight. Hope you nail a new PB and have some pics to share tomorrow.

What are you calling the wall?

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I spent 14 hours out on the water today with no action!!! Sure hope you had a better day then I did!!!

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well we did allright but no tropheys last night.Think my lill bro had cosi cause he had one on and it was big....same dang thing right into that wall of rock....Nephew lost tree nice eaters but we managed to work on the freezor so it is all good we might go night if all goes well....

Attached Files:

14. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Well we have everything rigged up and ready to go. Going to try to get into some cats under the Keokuk dam tonight. Ive got the livebait situation taken care of. Now im keeping my fingers crossed that i can find some shad. Ill take pictures if we do any good.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I will be up yonder on the wall bout 6 or so.....if you dont get any shad see me & we will see what we can do

16. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I spent 6 hours on the miss today. I mostly fished wing dams.
    Caught 1 about 2 pounds.
    Several dinks.
    Last weekend they had a tournament in that area. Maybe thats why fishin was slow.
    I gotta get that new fish finder.lol
    I fished the area below "the big ditch" thats the levee that held back the Iowa when Oakville levee broke.
    There are buildings washed up against the ditch levee. They had to have traveled miles. I'll bet there is a bunch more stuff washed up there but all I could see was a couple hundred yards.
    have a good one
    just

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I did alright today. A 42, 30, 25, 24, 20 and a dink 6.

Had some minor problems getting back to the ramp but still had a great day!

Hope you catch MOBY Kenny!

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mobey is eluding me but my freezor is filling fast:wink:

19. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Sorry we didnt stop last night Kenny. I planned on going up and fishing the dam for a while then come back and wet a line with you. Things didnt go as planned like normal. :confused2:We got out there around 7. Didnt have a problem finding shad. Went up to the dam and planned on fishing there for a while then heading back towards the wall you were fishing. I couldnt keep my rigs in the water for more than 2 minutes up by the dam. There was a few times that i dont think my bait even got to the bottom before a cat bit it. About 930 my girlfriends phone rang and she had to go to work. :angry:. I planned on staying all night out there. We didnt get anything huge but they were all decent sized channel cats. I had 2 fish break my 45# steel leaders. After that i threw every leader i had into the river and just fished without one.

Im hitting the road tonight and will be gone til Saturday but plan on fishing down in Keokuk Sunday. If you're down there Kenny ill stop by before i start fishing. Them ol headlights you guys were using work pretty good dont they. I wouldnt night fish without one.

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I didnt figure youd have lot of problems told you to keep ahold of yer pole(LOL)its all good!