They are biting - The Catfish Are Biting hard!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Catmaster, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I went out this morning about 5:30 and had some strong hits. Every time I had a bite I could not seem to get the hook set. They were biting this morning in my area, anyhow. Give it a try sometime today. There is also an overcast today in my area.
    :0a26:

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Thanks for the update!!! I'm going to be out this weekend and let you all know.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    When and where are you going Clarence? I have to work Sat until 1:00 and I am debating since the Big Ten Basketball tourney is on but....

I took my daughter out to a pond yesterday to help me catch bait.... and the pond was FROZEN! :mad:

4. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went last night bites where few and far between. i did get some big shad after throwing for 2 hours

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yup, they are definitley biting. Went out last night with Rajun_Cajun to my creek and caught a bullhead and a channel cat. Nice catch for only being out about two hours.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats good to hear catmaster!

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thanks for the update, thats good to hear that you got some strong hits

8. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    fishin for some flatties tonite.. hope to have good news for everyone tomorrow.. c ya then.. Its good to be fishin!

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Good luck Bullfoot and glad to hear they are biting!!!!!!! :)

10. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Glad to hear that some are out fishing.. i am lucky to even have a fishing permit.. long story, bad story.. hope to try my hand at fishing real soon.. good luck all who are getting out

11. Catfunk

Catfunk New Member

State:
    OK
    And here I was thinking I had to wait until April....HA... I am going out this weekend after finding this site and reading the reports from everyone. BTW, Great site and hello all from OK!

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome to BOC Andru!:) You have just joined the best outdoors forum on the net!;)

13. Maximus

Maximus New Member

they should be biting like crazy here soon.

B

14. fatcat81

fatcat81 New Member

State:
    ohio
    cool news dude tude

15. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Andru, welcome to the BOC. Tons of great info here. I'm still learning a lot from these guys. Great to have you aboard bro.

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, bro.

17. Catfunk

Catfunk New Member

State:
    OK
    thanx for the welcome guys! i went fishing tonight and only got one bite:eek: Had a great time though and I must say, I will most likely stick to my secret bait again this year......hahaha.....Papa Johns Pepperoni pizza

18. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Hey catfunk! Welcome to the best catfishing site on the net.

19. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    I did better back in Dec,Jan,& Feb.Soon as the warmer waether set in its been bad.Yes,they are hitting harder but they seem to be spreading out now.They're not all stacked up in a hole no more.

Was out yesterday and could not gte a fish in the boat.Snaggged a huge carp that came off,had about 7 channels hit and get 1/2way up and come off and finally got 6 small ones landed before leaving.

I been moving around alot,only picking 3-4 up in a spot.I wish i knew where they were or where they are goin.I know its too early to spawn and water temps too high to sit in a hole.Starting to think they are out excersising after swimmin in circles all winter....LOL

At least we ain't dealin with that,peck,peck,peck,peck pick up and drop bite no more!

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yesterday was nice we had several that hit and dropped but landed
    6 in which one was pretty nice sized (over 10 lbs) others were
    2-3 lbs. (all channels)
    shad were scattered but we managed enough to fish with after a couple dozen casts.

the lake was way up and the little spillway was not produceing any hits so we went up in a brush filled cove pretty much stayed in the far end and was catching them on slip bobber set ups around 2-3 feet off bottom of
    6 -7 foot water .

we got a late start so hopefully next trip we will get to start at sunrise and maybe we can really do some good;)

this is a great little lake, only the bait shop was closed:sad:
    hopefully they will be open next time as well.