These hooks work Great!

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by copycat, Sep 4, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Tried this style of hook today with great hookups everytime! Right to the corner of the mouth. They are called Sickle hooks and are made by Matzuo. They are incredably sharp right out of the package. I tried the 7/0 version and you don't have to set the hook, but can if you want. I use a lot of cut eel and this hook holds that bait perfectly!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Do ya set em or treat em like a circle?

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Either way George, I tried both ways. Got a run on them and hauled up on the rod to see, hooked up right in the corner. Also let them run and treated them like a circle, worked fine. But pretty consistant on corner of the mouth hookups

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have seen those hooks and was curious about them thanks for giving them a test run. I may have to try these out in the future,but, I do like my J's

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    NAH! NAH! I know where ya got em! LOL! Do you recall seein any larger sizes? I'm interested very much!

Also! Where are the hook ups? LOL!

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Unfortunatly I only found the 7/0 size and none larger. They are a perfect cut eel hook for sure,

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the info, always nice to hear about new tackle.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I too was planning on giving them a try they will definatly be my next hook purchace. Thanks for the review.:0a31:

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I was just checking on these at Cabelas and 7/0 is the biggest they have to buy. Big George, Let us know if you find them bigger. The biggest I ever use is 7/0 and the two in my avatar were caught on 5/0.

10. Keyaawww....tanks fa da tip ma fran...I just gonna have to keep one eye out fa dem at wally world....

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Tom, just read the post And I have some of those hooks in My tackle box. Just bought them cause I diden't have any that looked like that, and thought they looked Perty. Now I find out from You they Also Work! Man where have I been? LOL Thanks! Guess Now I'll have to give them perty Rascals a try. J.D.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks for the info. Have to give them rascels a try for sure. reps to ya for sharing the info.

13. chinook

chinook New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just bought some 4/0 Matzuo sickle hooks over the weekend; I'm just waiting for them to arrive. I fish exclusively Matzuo hooks. Matzuo circle hooks and J hooks are the sharpest and best hooks I have ever used; and I have a spare tackle box of hooks I've tried. I seldom miss a strike no matter which hook style I use. I am a big Matzuo fan. I wish Matzuo made a kahle hook style, but I have never seen any.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i seen a catfish assortment on ebay that looked like it had some kahles in it but couldnt tell for shure form the pic.

15. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    K-Mart use to have them , not sure how big they keep on hand .

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Tom,I'll have to give them a try.

17. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    those look cool i might have to try theme some time

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Send me some of them and I'll give them a try on some of these flatties down here.

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Here is some pics of the sickle hooks in action, Have had great success with these hooks! Corner of the mouth practically everytime.

Attached Files:

20. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    hook looks good but thats te ugliest fish iv ever seen , iv heard of big head carp lol guess thats big head cat