thermocline

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by garydbarger, Jun 29, 2008.

1. garydbarger

garydbarger New Member

State:
    texas
    I live in the central part of Texas, can someone please tell me how to fish the thermocline (above or below) and any other help you can provide, thanks, Gary Barger:confused2:

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Welcome to the BOC. When the thermocline sets in you always fish above it for best results. I haven't seen it yet on Lewisville, but it should be showing up pretty soon. Usually it's about 22' deep here. The constant horizontal line on your fish finder should tell you exactly where it is on your lake when it happens and that should be in the next few weeks.

3. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    :embarassed: Umm... Fellas.... What the heck is a "thermacline"?:confused2: And is it some thing that I need to know about when it comes to fishin'? I just have a small jon boat and no fish finder yet (maybe in the future!!) so would I even have to worry about it?

4. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
  5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Thanks to Ruben for a very informative link, now I know more about thermocline and how it relates to lakes.

6. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Thanks Bro that sure was helpful!! I don't feel like I am in the dark now!!:smile2: I am greatful for the info!!!

7. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    I third that notion that truely is a very informative web link. Good Looking out gentleman.:cool2: