There's some real sickos out there!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by whisker, Feb 24, 2006.

1. whisker

whisker New Member

State:
    N.E. Nebrasky
  2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    What a waste, hope they are found and stripped of hunting license. Serve some time why they are at it as well.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Yeah, and while they are serving time, it should be under a large wire birdcage where the birds refuse can drop on them and cake their jail cell.

4. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Sure gives the real waterfowlers a bloody nose when seen by non-hunters.When a hunter sees abuse like that we feel helpless to give them any answers of who would do such a thing.Gets the blood boiling to see something like that.If I were to see someone dumping those birds and was armed,they would'nt be the only D.B.'s out there.

BILL

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    All that is gonna do is make it harder on the hunters that hunt within the rules. Fine them, take their weapons and give them some hard time. Oh yeah and a butt kicking would hurt.

6. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I'm not a duck or goose hunter but I know a complete waste when I see one. I like TDawgNOk's idea, remind me not to get him upset with me as I'm a little scared of his imagination right now.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    the bad thing about this is how do they look at a dead bird and say hunters kill it. i know somebody killed them birds but that dont mean a hunter did it or does it? it could have been some farmer that was tired of getting on the tractor with goose crap in the seat. its a shame either way. convicted without a trial. i guess the hunter has to take the blame.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

LMAO beeheck, you would be suprised.

course, now that I've been thinkin on this, it was probably done BY PETA to give hunting a bad reputation.

9. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i would like to slap the guys that did that. i cant find a single canada, and right now it is my dream to kill one, and they go out and kill 78 and jus let them lie. that kinda stuff just pisses me off. why?? i mean whats the point?? i can see some serious jail time in their future. all they have to do is find some shell casings and match up serial numbers and those guys are toast...

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    How in the world can you blame it on a farmer, LOL!!! I think the farmer gets enough crap from everywhere else. I don't know about the farmers in you part of the world but, where I come from we keep our equipment in sheds and barns. And I have yet to see a duck or a goose sitting on a tractor or any other piece of equipment. So do your homework before you make a statement like that Brother!!!
    This kind of waste is the reason that goose and duck hunters have a bad name in this area. I have seen geese and ducks dumped in dumpsters and ditches around the county here and it is sickening!!! I have met alot of duck and goose hunters that don't eat what they kill and I will never understand them. I say if you ain't going to eat it don't kill it!!! These people were not and never will be hunters, these nuts are lower than pond scum IMO!!!

11. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    As legal and ethical sportsmen can attest.....this is a travesty. We have given so much time and effort with organizations such as Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever ect ect to protect these species, and to see this is disgusting! Water ways have been cleaned up, by the elimination of DDT pesticides that kill, through their efforts. To have a group of unethical knuckle heads kill this many birds (not to mention just one) for the "fun" is criminal. I hope they find the low lifes and hang em up by their cohonies!

One incident give PETA ammunition for years.

I cant believe that I fight for people to do this nonsense back home. What a world!

Darrell

12. carl j roach

carl j roach New Member

State:
    florida
    hunters, fisher persons an thoes that try, most people were raised to not point a gun at anything that you are not going to shoot, an dont shoot anything that you are not going to eat. my uncles, friends, an others that tried to teach me to hunt an fish an not waste what you get, gave me my thumps as a kid, i think realy worked. if you got more than you wanted, there were a lot of seniors that would love a mess of fish, ducks{1 or 2}, cleaned of course, made you look better to them.they dont think you as a hogging all that you can get. just makes you mad when you see or hear about something like that. carl, hope they catch them!

13. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    what a waste! sad to see such things.

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I wouldn't say a hunter was responsible for this. What I would call this person or persons is what they really are...A FREAKING POACHER!!

It's sad that any animal has to be killed just for the "thrill" of shooting it and watching it die. I am in no way, shape, or form against lawful hunting. I...in fact am a duck/goose hunter from WAY back. Although I don't bird hunt so much anymore...I still do train Labrador retrievers.

I DO NOT believe in wanton waste in any form. If it's not going to be put to good use...and is going to instead rot on the ground...perhaps they should hunt with a camera instead...or show some respect and not hunt at all. Our natural resources are far too valuable to waste like they were in that photo. What really bugs me is that the photo we see probably ISN'T the ONLY time these freaks have done this.

It doesn't bother me to see a hunter have a taxidermist mount a bird...or several birds even...to preserve memories of past hunts. Hell...I have 6 species of birds hanging on my wall myself.

It shouldn't be too hard to find these guys next time...just listen for the barrage of gunfire...locate them with a good pair of binoculars...and then follow them with aircraft when they leave. It happens here all the time. The Kansas Fish and Game officers utilize the KS State Police airplanes out on patrol. If you hear an airplane, and see it circling overhead when you're out in the field around here...get ready to speak to a CO officer...because you can bet he's nearby. They'll even go so far as to fly over you...cut the engines...stalling them...causing you to look upwards...and then they snap a picture of you...capturing your face in the photo as you're looking up.

15. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    JW...around here the Snow geese are so thick that flocks of 10,000 plus birds will land on a farmers field of winter wheat and literally decimate their crop. After they're done feeding...they move on to the next farmers field and do the same to it.

The farmers only recourse is to either allow hunters to set up on their fields and kill some...and in the process keep them ran off for at least a while. The limits and open seasons are VERY liberal...15 Snow geese per day...with no possession limit....and season runs all the way through March. OR a farmer can get a nuisance permit from the state to shoot them theirselves and leave them lay if they deem it neccessary to protect their crops.

I personally would rather see the hunter option...but I DO understand that a farmer has a hard enough go of it as it is getting a decent crop. There's enough pitfalls already...with the dry seasons of late, fires, insects, and weeds conspiring against them. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do to make a living. IMO the farmer comes before any animal that tries to put them out of business.

But if a bird is killed by a hunter...he/she should set an example and make sure the letter of the law is followed. The anti's have enough fuel as it is already. All an incident like this does is throw gasoline on a fire that's already out of control.

16. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm not sure if PETA did this or hunters, but who ever did it needs a swift kick in the ass.

17. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i know for a fact that hunters didn't do this, for a hunter has and uses ethics.
    all this does is give peta another reason to make it harder on us law abiding, ethical hunters....
    me personally i would love to meet a peta member so i could smack em' right in their grill just for being so damn stupid, i know that makes me sound ignorant but when it comes to peta they really get under my skin....
    as far as these poachers a little jail time or fines are not good enuff......

18. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    That chaps my hide. Stripping them of their licenses and jail time is definitely not good enough. Line'em up and let me put a few little pellets in them it won't hurt them. I PROMISE.:cross: Why would someone do that. What a bunch of malarkey.

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    How in the world can you blame it on a farmer, LOL!!! I think the farmer gets enough crap from everywhere else. I don't know about the farmers in you part of the world but, where I come from we keep our equipment in sheds and barns. And I have yet to see a duck or a goose sitting on a tractor or any other piece of equipment. So do your homework before you make a statement like that Brother!!!
    This kind of waste is the reason that goose and duck hunters have a bad name in this area. I have seen geese and ducks dumped in dumpsters and ditches around the county here and it is sickening!!! I have met alot of duck and goose hunters that don't eat what they kill and I will never understand them. I say if you ain't going to eat it don't kill it!!! These people were not
    and never will be hunters, these nuts are lower than pond scum IM

hey i didnt say that a farmer killed them birds. i said it "COULD have been a farmer". the first post said it was hunters that killed them birds. sure the farmer is having it rough. i was just useing that as a example. when somebody can look at a dead bird and says that a" hunter "did it by not really know the whole story pisses me off. heck thats all we need is for rumors to get started without the whole truth being known. i know a farmer in my state that was reported to have killed 98 deer by state permit at night in his fields. had to cover them up with a tractor. could not remove from the field by law. i dont blame the man, thats his living. i hear stories here all the time by non- hunters that say "somebody just cut the back straps and hams off a deer and threw it out by the road". when the real truth is the deer was hit by a car and some hunter took what was left. im just saying dont blame any group of people without knowing who done it. thats all

by the way these birds down here can fly and still crap at the same time.

20. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    these SOB's ought to be castrated. only more of a reason to take our hunting rights away and make them way more strict. i say put these people into a trap and have a crap load of waterfowl hunters sitting around with 3 1/2 inch Salt Rock loaded shells and let all of shoot them up like that.