Theres more than you think..

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Wil, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    lurking in the depths of a big lake, Burchard Lake in Nebraska is the place, Stan Wylie is the person, 3:00 a.m. is the time. it was a slow night of small channel cats, he was thinking about callin it a night when his pole started jerking once again, he grabbed it and set the hook and started to reel, it felt like a log until he started to pull up on the line, then the force of this thing almost jerked him out of the boat, grabbed on hard and held on for the fight and fish of his life, the battle raged on for about one hour, he was feeling the strain and his arms were about to give when the monsterous fish surfaced, he was amazed by the size of the great blue catfish, he pulled hard and grabbed the net but the fish took off once again for its final surge, the battle lasted another 5 minutes until the great blue gave up. the final weight of the fish was 55 pounds.

the fish and the lake and the time were true, the name and fight were made up. i love to write short stories of people's outdoor adventures. i hope you all enjoy it

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Cool story. Maybe someday it will really happen to you!!!

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Yes enjoyed it , great post

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Love them fishing stories. Keep'em coming.

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks, this one wasnt very good i tell really good coonhunting stories though.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Was good reading, thanks for sharing.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Very good reading and what a fish!

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks im glad u all liked it

9. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    im corn-fused
    did you guys actualy catch a 55 lber?

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Aw I see someone has corn jokes. :lol: I've driven through southern Illinois and it was pretty much the same as Nebraska buddy. :smile2:

Great story Wil

SudDawg