There was a discovery channel personality onWritesvill beach this past Saturday

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, May 15, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I wasn't there to meet him, but my friend Mike was.

Anyone who's ever seen the worlds most dangerous occupation program on the Discovery channel, has seen the men who fish for the Alaskan King Crab, and know who Sig Hansen is.

A boat owner and captain of one of those, who fishes the bearing sea for crabs, in mid winter storms and high seas. He runs the boat with his sons I think. A blonde Scandinavian, as you would guess by his name.

Well he was at the beach, I believe on vacation, and came up to Mike with metal detecting questions.

Mike couldn't place him right off, but knew he looked familiar. Sig said, "Yeah, I'm Sig Hansen, maybe you've seen me on the Discovery channel".

He's not a famous movie star, but an interesting guy. A very nice fella from what Mike told me.

I have alot of respect for those guys and gals that bring in that delicious sea food.

2. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    The man sure can catch crab.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yeah man! I know who he is... I'm a chronic History/Discovery channel watcher...-LOL
    :lol:

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bob, we have watched him on the Discovery channel. That is one job I don't think I would like, that is plain scary but they make good bucks.

5. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I feel bad for the guys who've lost there lives going after thoughs damned crabs , I've seen a few of his shows what a tough job and i wouldn't do it in a million years I get seasick in the bathtub:eek:oooh: