there should be more catfishing shows

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BIGcatjakeJR, Jun 24, 2008.

1. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    It would be nice to see more catfishing on TV, but on the other hand, a part of me wants catfishing to stay like it is. It's a tight solid niche we have going, and I like it. Let the BASS guys have their glory if they want it. I don't want to see catfishing turn into the spectacle bass fishing has become, and I certainly don't ever want to see that knucklehead Mark Zona doing some kind of catfishing day on the lake show. And god forbid, if I ever hear mention of fantasy catfishing.....:eek:oooh:

2. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    theres that catfishing america show that deerhunter does

i dont have the channel but i would definatly buy it on dvd

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I filmed a show for "Outdoors Ohio with D'Arcy Egan" last year. You can order it on DVD. We also try to film some at our tournaments and put them on You Tube. Check this out. it's a short clip of a recent trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fNrgAghDo

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i would have a catfishing show,but i am not camera friendly :big_smile:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    catfishing shows are on the way. don't discount the growing popularity of the sport. I am very excited about the "modernization" of catfishing and look forward to the bigger events

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I seen a show on cmt that aired on saturday mornings but after a couple of weeks I have not seen it any more. I don't know if they dropped it or I just caught the end of the season. I hope it comes back on. It sure would be nice if catfishing america was on a channel more people could get.

7. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Love that catfishing america show on sportsman channel. gotta dvr it cuz it comes on at odark thirty in the morning. Eric Simcox {deerhunter} is the cohost. That song drives me nuts though.

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    It would be nice to see some more catfishing shows on TV. Especially since I don't get the sportsman's channel and can't see Catfish America. I think that the Outdoor Channel and Versa is the only channels I get that I get that have most of the hunting and fishing shows on them but at this time of the year they don't even have all hunting a fishing shows:eek:oooh: They have alot of other crap on their too.

Saturday mornings I can find some fishing shows on espn but they're not catfishing shows either.:angry:

So for the most part, when I'm able, I just go fishing instead of watching tv

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Justin.....remember yesterday when you posted your own thread with the flatty pic, and said "that's mine"?

Well, the paragraph you used to start this thread, it's HIS. Not your Dad's, JPritch's.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84643 (post #10)

Everybody is free to quote other folks on this board, but it would be nice if you give credit where credit is due. If someone receives reputation points for the comments you started this thread with, it should be JPritch. Perhaps you don't know how to transfer a quote from one thread to another - I've never really done that myself, but I'm sure someone here can help you out.

I think you could've added your own sentence though, saying where this thread starter quote came from :wink:. Whether you agree or disagree with him, I for one would appreciate you attributing writings to the correct author.

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know in-fisherman has a bit about cats every once in a while. I bet part of the problem is without the $50,000 bass boats and $25.00 swim baits to advertise where woule the money come from?