There oughta be a law....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tyme2fish, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I live in Greenville,Indiana. Clarksville is about 15 miles from my house. Harbor Freight and Basspro are about 2 miles apart from each other.

I clip the coupons for Harbor Freight and use my Rewards Points at Basspro. I still spend way too much money in those places for stuff I want but don't really need. Read that as "Tyme wants some new toys."

About every month or so I go to Clarksville to refill my testosterone levels.

There oughta be a law about those two "man places" being so close to each other.!!

:smile2::smile2:
    [​IMG]

There is also a Bed,Bath,and Beyond close by. Today was first visit ever to that store.(Mrs. Tyme was with me and made me go.) I now know why they included "Beyond". Their prices are Beyond freaking believable!!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hear ya ,Rob,I am that way when I get to go to the nearest Lowe's Home Improvement ,:wink:

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear Ya. I have a Harbor Freight, BPS, Dicks, and they just opened up a Sportsmans Warehouse 2 weeks ago here in Las Vegas. Frickin Grand Opening Specials...:eek:oooh: I came home with some more ammo. At least I got a free coffee mug. :cool2:

4. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    The Dick's store is almost next door to the Basspro store. Dick's basicly gave up on fishing gear and now concentrates on "sporting" goods. A Home Depot is between Harbor Freight and Basspro, and past Basspro there is a Lowes. Across from Lowes is a Wal-Mart super store. It's a guantlet to drive around that town!! And a conspiracy on my wallet!!:eek:oooh:

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Now I myself am hooked on Linen's and Things. Their prices are reasonable on most things, and they have the neatest kitchen stuff and other stuff too that I've ever seen, I love that place.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hell in bloomington il lowes home depot and memards are within a mile of each other. well lowes is a mile from. the other 2 are across the street with only one darn stoplight in between.

handy though for price shopping. i had a 250$ limit when i went to get my gas pressure washer. i hit all three. got the biggest bang for my buck at lowes. $259.00 2.2 gal per min 2200psi troy built briggs with 3 attachments.

menards was $259 with only the turbo attachment and 1.9 gpm 2100 psi briggs.

home depot. nothing even close to my price range. cheapest was $299. spent 5 min there. never been back either.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Frankly, I like going in Hobby Lobby. Man there are some real weird women in there.

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm lucky Bass Pro is 21 miles away and Cabella's is 38 miles away, but right off of 94.Just a drive down the road. lol

Now Lowe's is 5 miles away with Menard's right next door. The Super WalMart, I can not get into. I like Meijer's, I know where everything is at in there. lol

Tractor Supply gets lot's of my money. lol from feed to bib overalls. Just 2 days ago, I found they have their Heavy Denim over shirts for 19 bucks again. Got 1 last year in the fall, 2 this year. Heck I bought 12 bags of softener salt there yesterday. lol lol

This year that darn place sold me a new solar fence charger, a new Husquavarna chain saw and at least 4 ton of feed. Not counting all the little junk.

Plus about 30 fishing lures this spring. They had carts lined up, 1 and 2 bucks apiece. lol

9. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    thats the truth and good luck staying away

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Post why you wanna be messing with wierd women-- don't ya know that 's dangerous!! Esp wierd women on a mission like finding some craft thingie in Hobby Lobby.

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I don't wanna mess with them, but they remind me of all the bullets I've dodged. And a couple I didn't.:embarassed:

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    BassPro #1 = 8 Miles away
    Cabelas = 17 miles away
    BassPro#2 = 25 miles away
    Tractor Supply = Right by BassPro #1
    Lowes = Everywhere

I used to be pretty good about saving money, now I pretty much write off any notion I ever had about being able to retire some day. :sad2:

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Since I retired I'm scared to leave the house some days. LOL Seems like I always come home $100 to $200 dollars short. Got a lot of neat toys though!!