theorosa's bridge(ghost story)

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kansas_catman_16, Oct 4, 2009.

1. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    since its close to halloween thought i'd look up some creepy stories:wink: i found a story on google its about a bridge outside of valley center thats supposedly haunted. there are a few variations to the story but this one stood out to me most

story goes that theorosa was a farm wife who had an illegitamate baby and she was so ashamed that she threw the baby off the bridge and it was swept away and afterwards she was so upset she jumped into the creek after it and killed herself and they say that now her ghost can be seen walking down the creek looking for her baby, sometimes people say they hear gargling noises from under the bridge. cold breezes coming out of nowhere. cars stalling and being shook. weird lights floating on the creek.people being pushed when they get close to the edge of the bridge

this is a little background
    it used to be an old wood and metal bridge that burnt down in 1974 rebuilt and burnt down again two yrs later it stayed closed for 15 yrs then
    In 1991, the road was opened, a concrete bridge was built to span the creek. after this the activity increased some people think the ghost became distraught when the area became unfamiliar.

has anyone heard this story if so i would like to hear the story u heard and what u think about it

2. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    there's an insane asylum around to, i think it's in harper or larned, i dunno which one, had a lot of classmates go to it. There's a morgue with blood on the walls still i guess, and you can go down to where the did a bunch of experiments on little kids, lots of creepy stuff in there from what i've been told. Local people are terrified of it

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive been there, wasnt anything going on when I was there. Theres also a haunted house out there too. One of my friends said he saw a dog with glowing eyes sitting on the porch. Maybe he jus had his lights pointed it a dog, I dunno. Go out there and see for yourself. Id go if it was closer.

4. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    probably but if i saw a dog with glowing eyes on halloween i'd peel out :smile2: im thinking about goin just because it sounds like a adventure and i like stuff like that anyways:tounge_out::roll_eyes:

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Those eyes wernt on Halloween. If ya do go let me know what you thought?