Thefts on LOZ

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  2. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    isn't Missouri conceal carry????:wink:

3. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My cousin works for Osage Beach Fire Station #1. He says that it is a reacouring problem every year. The sherifs dept says to lock everything up at night to be safe. And to answer the above question HELL YES!!!!

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last summer I was stolen from. 5 rods and reels value about $500:angry:. Was reported and never recovered. Keep insurance up and lock up your gear guys. With peeps out of work thieven is gona get worse on the waterways.

5. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I have been stolen from a lot while fishing away from home. I had a large tackle bag and 5 rod and reels stolen outta the boat one day while i was in the gas station. Its people like this that will ruin a fun weekend for a lot of us. Keep all your gear locked up, cover your boat when possible and most of all keep both eyes on your stuff.

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I hope someone looks on craigslist and ebay for this tuff. They steal it to sell it and there must be a market for it somewhere.

7. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Perhaps a little sting operation should be done to catch these bastards in the act.

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hunted over the weekend with my cousin from Osage Beach and we talked at length about the thefts down there. Some of the deputies beleve it is a group of guys from the ST. Louis area that used to target radio equpment but have swithed to fishing tackle because it is easyer to get rid of.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Time like this makes a person think about setting a shotgun out which would shoot when someone takes the rod or depth finder. Just make sure the shotgun is not in your name so you can shrug your shoulders and say "I know nothing...". Oh, and don't forget the trap is set tomorrow when you go down to the boat. On the serious side, there are some thieves which slip up on secured boat docks, use a bolt cutter to open the doors, and tie onto the perfectly secured boat and tow it away. They haven't been caught yet. It should be legal to protect your property...even if it is a $5.00 Zebco 202. The thief should just get the buckshot.

10. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i do believe they reserve a special place in hell for people who steal an mans fishing gear. keep in mind mo. does have conceal and carry permits available, and remember to lock it up tight or bring it inside.

11. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Asked what they do when they steal boats and stuff. He said they haul em to mexico like a lot of stolen cars. Poles and stuff they take to flea markets in other states. Man I hate thieves!!!:angry: mabe thats why I think congress sucks lol.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Now that's just said.