The year of the Turtle! (slideshow)

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by dinkbuster1, Dec 3, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this past year i caught almost as many turtles as i did Flatties, i mean, it was horrible! i'd guess-timate that i caught at least 30-35 softshells along with 6 snappers and 2 painted turtles while trying to catch cats. this past year i re-discovered the love for channel fishing and beleive that since i was using a lot more cut bait i was attracting way more turtles than fish. anyways, heres a couple slideshows of a few pics i took. have a prayer request....."no turtles for Dink in 2007"!:sad2:

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Mike are you trying for the turtle hall of frame:0a28:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

:big_smile: :roll_eyes:

Wonder who would win that prize? Lord, don't let Catfishjohn see this post. He hates turtles.

Thanks for sharing Mike! How did you cook 'em? Great report.

:big_smile:

Take care.
    Cheryl

4. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Hey Mike,did you ever consider making turtle soup??? I mean,it ain't flathead but what the heck.I don't care much for the snappers but the soft shells are great.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Mr.Turtle King in the Flesh. I've heard stories about that Famous Man but never had any idea that it was one of My BOC. Brothers. Congratulations. LOL Your Friend J.D.
    :eek:h:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great photos Dink! I laughed my butt off at the captions:lol: I was catching a good many turtles this year also, I'm scared of them things but you just grab hold of 'em. I wish you were with me to unhook them.:crazy:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am just glad that the dreaded turtle fungus cleared up. Are did it?

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Dink, now I will have night mares till spring !:eek:oooh:

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's awesome Dink! It was worth the wait. Looks like you definately got your fair share of them suckers. :lol:

10. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey ole buddy that was great,hopefully you got that out of your system this year and that the turtle curse will be lifted.LOL.:cool2:

11. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    The first pic of the little guy in Slideshow1 was kind of cute. haha.

I actually snagged a huge turtle earlier this year out of a pond. Whenever I catch one, I always cut the line....heard stories of noodlers losing their fingers to turtles, so I figure I should keep my hands out of their mouths.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! :happy: Turtles aggravate the heck out of me in 1 lake I fish at.I wouldn't fish in it but there are some MONSTER cats in it.One 3 day weekend,on accident(not trying,catfishing) I caught 26 softies & snappers,gave all away and there is still tons of them! Seeing numerous flatties over 50#'s break off & caught lots smaller keeps us going back there! :confused2:

13. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    whew, that's more than me. This past summer I caught a softshell twice, several days apart. His punishment was 2 Lazer Sharp Kahles in his mouth, and I never caught him again.:cool2:

I read one of the pics in your slideshow said "this one really smelled". I have to agree. I found a baby sofshell a couple months ago and it smelled like...turtle.

Good luck fishing next summer, hope you catch more fish and kill more turtles.:big_smile: :big_smile: