the worst winter I can remember

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hate, hate, hate, winter.

I cant get out and fish for my beloved flatheads.

Winter is always hard on me, but this one has set new marks in boredom.

I am in such a foul mood I cant even stand myself right now.:sad2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just do what I do Jack, take up ice-fishing or any other means of fishing to get out of the house! It ain't Flatheads sometimes, but it is still the outdoors and fishing!:roll_eyes: May hit the ice again tomorrow if you wanna make the trip this way and meet up? rollo

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey Rollo, it got up to 56 degrees today down here. Have not seen ANY snow or ice all winter. :big_smile:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It has been pretty crappy up here lately. I am gonna check out the local ramp on the river in the morning, but I bet it is not accessible. I would like to hit some holes, the river looks good.. Probably go drill a test hole or two to make sure the ice is good, and then go after some gills and channel cats instead.. Wish we had better winters, but guess as long as I live here you gotta expect the worse, and anything good is a plus!:smile2: rollo

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, Take one deep breathe..... :tounge_out: And drink two glasses of milk:crazy:

That will get your mind off water!:wink: rollo

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm with ya Jack, this winter has killed me as far as boredom goes too. I can't even go to work to consume my time. My job as well as Rollo's doesn't happen in the winter.I'm just about ready to pull the boat in the garage to get it ready for fishing though.

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    well this isnt the worst winter i can remember, but it still sucks lol, i grew up in ny state, not far from buffalo, i remember 48 inch snowfalls overnight and having school the next day:confused2:, we did have a blizzrd once and missed a whole 2 days, but we had ice then from nov till may, so its not as bad here as there, still i think so much for the global warming huh :wink:

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i myself wouldnt say "the worst", but so far has been the most consitently COLD year i can remember in a LOOOONG time! i mean, usually we have a few 50+ degree days thrown in here and there but since mid november it has stayed COLD. my heating bills have bustin my head this year! hopefully this means spring will do the same.... get warm and stay warm! :big_smile:

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    WELL I MUST SAY I HATE THE COLD PART OF WINTER, AND NOT HAVEING ELECTRIC.NOW THAT I HAED OPEN HEAT SURG. AND WITH THE BLOOD THINNERS I CAN'T THE COLD AT ALL. THE SNOW IS FUN TO PLAY IN WITH THE SNOW POW.
    BUT IT STILL BORING AND U CAN'T DO THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DOWN OR U WENT TO GET DOWN.
    ITS BORRING.
    :sad2::embarassed::eek:oooh::crazy::confused2:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's February, the shortest month, March will be here before you know it and then April will roll aorund and we a can dust off out ABU baitcasters and white rods.

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    aaaahhhhh april,the start of it all..............can't wait for that month to come.

easy jack,its almost time buddy :wink:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Next winter, I can promise you I will be fishing all year long!

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i have been lazy this year,but i usually do some saugeye fishin in the winter.i am thinkin about getting out in the next weekend or two,though

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WINTER SUCKS !!!!!!!

15. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea.My 4wd went out on my '01 Ford Ranger Edge with no money to fix it.And if anyone else has a ranger they can feel my pain that they are some of the worst trucks in the snow ever.I gun it even a little and its spinning like a top.Very stressful drivin in the snow

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:

got a 97 explorer,it is very good in the snow and ice in or out of 4 wheel.
    my in-laws has a ranger,yeah,it sucks in the snow too.

17. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Things are lookin good for the weekend. Looks like the ice and snow might disappear for a while.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I sympathize with you northerners, and wonder WHY you folks subject yourselves to the harshness of your lifestyles, so many months a year. I LOVE winter here, and generally speaking, we catch our biggest fish during the months you folks can only think about fishin'. I always have an open invitation to any of you folks from the north who want a winter fishin' vacation. All it takes is FUEL for the boat. Nothing more or less.

Bill in SC

19. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Brother, if I could get my wife to move, I'd be in SC in a flash. I love it down there.

20. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Why wait for April when the hybrids and a few cold flatheads start feeding good in March.Theres always the walleye wich start to bite real good in March too :wink: