The worst time of the year (

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Salthart, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Being that we are kind of stuck here on the earth, We can't really escape January- Febuary.

They are a double whammy to me. Its kind of like snow. When I was a kid, we dreamed it would snow. We could miss a few days of school and play in the snow. And even till this day, Knowing how much work snow means.. How it means clearing off the truck and getting out even though you don't want too... I still love the snow !

Well, I was a deer hunter. And I lived for deer season. And January 1 was the most dreaded day of the year for me because it meant the end of season that year. And although I have not hunted in 10 years, I still get the blues...

The the worst... The very worst part for me....Is all that hatefull confounded basketball that ruins my TV every stinking year !

If I knew how, I would make a bug that ate nothing but basket balls..LOL I would rather watch golf ! In fact, I'm kind of hard pressed to think of something that would be much worse than watching basketball on TV..
    Heck I don't know.. Maybe a Mary Hartman marithon ? Or a week-end of nothing but the last 10 Democratic National conventions ?

Its like you'd have to invent something..

And what is it about basketball that anyone likes anyway ? I mean if your deer hunting, the deer may show up and he may not..He may be a grown one or it may be a doe. The wind can change and ruin your hunt. And its not like the goal is always going to be in the same spot ! A deer may be in a thicket or running 40 mph !

I tell you what.. Strap a goal on the side of a deer, Turn loose a couple of dogs to chase said deer in about 1000 acres of cut timber and briar thickets, and if someone scores, I'll try an be impressed !

Better yet, Quit supporting basketball. Tell all those overgrown kids to get a real job and quit ruining my TV every winter ! LOL

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Marty,I feel the same about GOLF,FOOTBALL,tennis nascar pbr,or any and all televised sports. I only watch local school basketball and volly ball game ,Because I have to ,My daughter plays.:wink: if not for that ,I'd never darken the door of our local school .:crazy:

3. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I don't really watch basketball, but it's fun to watch if I can get into it. I don't like when it's on all day though. A DNC convention marathon would be much worse.

Come on Richard, no football? I don't watch the pro stuff, but I love college football.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    So sports is still on TV?
    I hated sports before we got cable about 30+ years ago.

5. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    yhey need to put catfishin on tv like they do the baitmasters.....sorry bassmasters.....:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nope,My dad ruined me for any thing like that on TV,he would switch channels between games during commercials. Got to where I wouldnt even come home for the holidays because all him and my two brothers would do was sit and watch sports all weekend.