The worst thing that could have happened...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gibbzilla, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Happened. Me and my dad were plannin a late catfishin trip tonight, so I trust him to go out and get some bait for us. He comes back with one tiny box of nightcrawlers. I look at him in a strange way, but I'm thinkin that it'll be a bad day of fishin anyways. I go out there and can't even use two rods because as soon as the bait hits the water you get a bite. So, we run out of bait in less than an hour. It steamed me good! Lesson learned I guess, but it just had to happen on the day when they were really bitin!

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Doesnt sound like the worst thing. You got to fish, you had some fun, spent some time with family, and probably learned some things from the experience.

3. liquidblue

liquidblue New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Ive had worse. Ive drivin 1.5 hours and got to where i was fishing only to realize i forgot my cast net.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Doen't sound too bad to me. What was hitting it Catfish?

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Anytime you can get out and spend some time on the water with your father enjoy it. They will not be around forever. Enjoy the memories and if ya run out of bait just shoot the breeze for a while.

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    tea nailed it be thankful just to be able to go have fun next time maby you will have 2 boxes lol

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    man that sounds awful... next time that happens, call me up and i'll take that brutally horrible day of fishing for you...

Seriously... should have taken one of the cats and filleted it to get more bait... lol hey some bait's better then none, esp when fishing's that good

8. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I wouldn't complain, you had time to spend with your dad fishing. If my dad was still alive I would love to go fishing with him if just for an hour. Never complain about the rewards you are now receiving

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

anytime on the water is worth the trip, catching fish is just a bonus.