The worst smell the world has ever smelt

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I went fishing friday night and cleaned like 30 catfish saturday morning. I put all the remains back in the cooler to walk into the woods and dump later that day. This morning I opened up the back door and almost fell over from the smell. The cooler has been closed and in the sun since saturday morning I am telling you that when I brought that cooler into the woods and opened it all the way I puked all over the place. It didnt even smell like dead fish it had a smell that words cannot describe. I put those danged fish about 100yds into the woods and it has proceeded to blanket the whole neighborhood with the smell. I am waiting for cops to show up lookin in the woods for a dead body it is just that bad. I have never thrown up from being disgusted but this was way beyond foul. Im tellin ya this is no earthly smell. I have smelt dead bodys before but this is just beyond words. I have smelt old fish and guts before and this smell is way different I dont know how it mutated into a different breed of foul smell. I opened it up and the whole mess was a sickly looking yellow. I could probably sell this stuff to the government as a new nerve agent.:crazy:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YA DUMMY! LOL! Its a cooler not a refrigerator. LOL! Serves ya rite. LOL!

DUH!

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i always clean my fish b4 i come home. remember the turtles crabs crawdads gotta eat too.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yup, my neighbors love me too. Wouldn't crank up the stereo for awhile LOL.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sounds like you had the makings for a new stink bait. Man, coulda used that and made a product that woulda sold millions!

6. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

I've got that one beaten Jersey, just stick yer head inside my washing mashine before I switch it it on!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have one just as bad. its been 100 plus degrees for three weeks here in Tennessee. Last night I took my golden retriver for a run. We went way back in the woods and I let her go.She ran for maybe 10 mins. when she came back she jumped into the truck.OMG. She found somthing dead and rolled in it!when she was in the truck she wanted to share with me what she had found and jumped right into my face, so now my shirt, my truck, me,and my dog smell like, dead I dont know what.I took her to the river and we both went swimming. I washed she off as best as I could w/o soap. I got home and took a shower, changed cloths, still smelled took anouther shower.When I got up this A.M. I still had the smell in my troat. I drank some O.J. and that took care of that.Then I went out to my truck. "OHH Crap " dead thing all over again!! smokey

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I thought from the title of this thread , that it would be in the HI area. Thought it was another Hillary Joke, LMAO!!!

9. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    OH My God!!! My husband once left 2 dogfish he caught in DE. Bay in a cooler on our balcony for a couple of weeks. I got sick from the smell.:bad_smelly:

10. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know it's a little late now, but I bet the neighbors would have liked it better if you'd buried that mess!:crazy::eek:oooh:

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well I did suit back up and head back there to bury it. I always dump the fish cleanings back there but I have never done it in that condition:crazy: I will take that as a lesson Learned LOL

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Reminds me of my younger days ,hanging off the backend of a garbage truck,we would pick up the state parks refuse on mondays and after all weekend in a 35gal trash can .One full of walleye backbones :embarassed::angry:I can still smell it PEEEUUUUWWWWW

13. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Terry, Hey bud, I know just whear you are coming from, I did the same thing the other day, I left mine over the weekend. My plans were to put them in a pair of Pantyhose and use them for chum the next time I went out fishing. I had to get them from a bucket in to the panyhose and believe me that was not easy. Before I had finished I had it all over my hands and the ground out in my back yard and you could smell it all over the neighborhood. I got a good lesson on just what not to do.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    First off I'd love to find a hole that was super loaded with 5 pound cats that I could catch and clean thirty off,that would be just plain awesome!. Second thing,is I have come from school to a mess of dead fish remains,on a very hot day,got ill,I mean really ill and I have had a G/R roll all over dead things,come into the house and run us out. The smell was horrific!!!:bad_smelly::bad_smelly::bad_smelly::0a30:

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used to work for a plant in Atlanta that processed chickens. All the scrapes (bones, heads, feet, fat,livers, blood, etc.) went down drains into a tumbler that separates solids from liquids and then into a big dumpster that sat out back, baking in the Georgia sun for days until it was full. There would be 3-4 tons of that stuff covered with maggots. Sometimes the belts would come off the tumbler or have some other problem I'd have to go fix. The smell was enough to knock a buzzard off a dung wagon! I know your pain!!!

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sometimes the belts would come off the tumbler or have some other problem I'd have to go fix. The smell was enough to knock a buzzard off a dung wagon! I know your pain!!!

LOL! You musta been the new guy. LOL!

17. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Terry heehheeeheee, if that ever happens again put some vicks in each nostril, it will block most of the stank. Dramatically reduces the urge to unload your breakfast LOL!!!!!

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Burn the cooler!
    Bill

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    We were fishing a private pond/lake of a freind at work and he told us to keep as many as we could cause it is over run with dinks we used dip bait during the first rain in months and we must have caught 60 or so. We had 4 poles out and there was only a handfull of times that there were more than two poles in the water at once. Most times we had a foot on the handle of one pole while we were reeling in our double headers:wink:

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A little late but I have a cutting board and all my knifes in a tub I carry in our van and clean the fish at the docks. Carry water and a cooler just for filays:wink: It makes the world so much better besides the missus aint gonna have that other stuff if you know what I mean:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink: