The worms are on the tree!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by crab, Sep 3, 2007.

1. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    My tree has catalpa worms on it finally with all kinds of eggs on them! Wohoo! Im gonna collect some for a catfishing trip next weekend.:wink:

2. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i had some couple weeks ago and did not catch anything my friend at the bait shop said you have to cut the head off and turn them inside out to catch fish on them

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Haven't seen you on in a while. Good to see you've got some catalpa worms. We need to get together. You bring worms and i'll bring the skippies! :big_smile:

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yeah john ive been to the beach for a week and then Erie for 4 days so ive been gone for a while! Yes let me know and well go,where is that lake in your pic it looks good. Ive got one we can go to also if you want pm me the info.

5. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    How do find these catalpa worms ya'll talk about? I mean i heard tell that they are on catalpa trees i mean what does these trees look like

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They have very large,waxy, almost heart shaped leaves, with 12" or longer beans hanging. The worms aren't on all the trees. I only find them on two or three trees in my area, out of several Catulpa trees. The leaves are usually well eaten with large areas munched away, they will totally strip a small tree. The worms are about 2" and are black and yellow.

7. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's a page I found on the web, about Catalpa Worms and Catfishing. With some tips and good pictures.
    http://www.catalpaworms.com/
    I just noticed it has a plug for the BOC.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That lake is classified...LMAO!
    I like the looks of that lake in your avatar also,,,I may know that one.:wink::confused2::smile2:

I sent you a PM with info and my #. Get in touch soon. I'm hitting the river somewhere today! :big_smile:

9. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ill give you a call,Im watching Marshall and listning to the Bucks!
    Go Buckeyes!!

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yup,we definitely gotta get a line wet soon! I think with your knowledge and mine together we may be dangerous to the cats! :wink::smile2:

If nothing else,we can BS like the best!!! :smile2:

That sucks Marshall lost that bad after doing so good the first half...:confused2::sad2:

11. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    We can for sure BS!:big_smile: Yep thats sad they gave it a good try. We will go soon.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm still trying to go today. Its possible I may go tonight after the race and fish all or most of the night. I wanna go now but Regina has the car and won't be back for about an hour. That'll not give much time to fish before the race.
    If not tonight,maybe try for tomorrow or 1 day in the next couple days.

13. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    sounds good to me!:big_smile:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just got back from a little outing. I wanted to get home and watch the race. I may go for a while after the race. BTW, I didn't get any bites. Didn't stay long enough. I'll be back on.

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    cool give me a call and let me know how you did i should be up,the wifes leaving for the beach tonight so i wont get much sleep.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'm still home. I can't sleep. Still thinking about going,not sure though. I want to but hate going this late by myself. Still may go,not sure.

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jimmy your friend isn't a convicted felon is he? cutting heads off is one thing, but turning something inside out sounds gross!!!! lol rollo:after_boom: