The Worlds Most Venomous Snake

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    The Black Mamba can grow to over 14 feet long .It got its name because of the black inside of its mouth; the actual color of the skin is varied: dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal grey. It is fastest snakes in the world, capable of moving at 10 to 12 mph.The Black Mamba is the worlds most Venomous snake.

As little as two drops of venom can kill a person and a mamba can have up to 20 drops of venom in its fangs.Black mamba venom contains neurotoxins and cardiotoxins. Neurotoxins cause damage to the nervous system, such as parts of the brain controlling motor functions, while cardiotoxins attack the heart.
    The effects of the venom If you are unfortunate enough to be bitten by a black mamba, you are likely to experience the following side effects.

1 Slight local swelling and/or pain, described as burning;
    2 Drooping or heavy eyelids;
    3 Loss of control of tongue or jaw;
    4 Slurred speech;
    5 Mental confusion;
    6 Blurred vision and dilated pupils;
    7 Paralysis of all muscle groups;
    8 Loss of tendon reflex;
    9 Drowsiness;
    10 Respiratory distress.
    The bite is life-threatening if these symptoms appear within an hour of the bite. Failing lungs, convulsions and coma precede death.

Not all black mamba bites are fatal. It depends on how much venom was injected and where. If the venom has gotten directly into the bloodstream and not into surrounding tissue, it could be fatal. Survival is also dependent upon how fast treatment is administered after a bite. Immediate hospitalization is instrumental. There is a black mamba antivenin, but some may be allergic. In some cases allowing the human body to heal itself, with immediate medical care, is the best course of action. Paralysis can completely disappear with no after effects. As it turns out, black mamba venom can only paralyze temporarily. After about 12 hours, the venom molecules start to dislodge and are flushed out of the body's system.

The black mamba is a territorial snake and will normally retreat from danger. However, this snake will become very aggressive if it feels threatened, especially if the threat is standing between the snake and its lair.When in its aggressive mode, the Mamba will rear its head as high as possible, even sometimes being able to look directly into the eyes of an averaged sized human depending on the snake's size. It will arch its back and advance rapidly while balanced on the rear third of its body, jaws open to reveal the inky black inside of its mouth while hissing very aggressively. When hunting small animals it delivers a single bite and backs off, waiting for the neurotoxin in its venom to paralyze the prey. If the prey is a bird, it will usually hang on to the bird waiting for the venom to take effect. If fighting off a threat, it will deliver multiple deadly strikes.

Check out the pics. :sure:

:cat:

2. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Wow, I guess cut bait is out of the question.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    that is one bad boy. found a lot in Viet-Nam,

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The symptoms described remind me of a typical nite back in the late 60's and early 70's. LOL!

5. fishboy

fishboy New Member

State:
    SC
    All snakes are mambas to me

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok if i ever go to another country i'm going to take ace or i'll half to copy his post from here just to know what i'm getting in to..lol, like always interesting post:smile2:

7. fishboy

fishboy New Member

State:
    SC
    All snakes are mambas to me, but I despise them

8. Tarheel Cat1

Tarheel Cat1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    MY old 16 gauge Rem.1100 with #1 buckshot.I'm #1 snake hater.Ask Ace.

:beat_shot:

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've heard the Taipan was the most deadly. When I lived in Australia it seemed like everyhting could kill you. There were way to many snakes spiders and lizards that could do nasty things to you if bitten by them.

10. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    They all taste like Chicken:big_smile:

11. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Yeah, but can you use them for cut bait?

12. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Bring some of them snake's in the south.Don't they have churches down there that the congregation handle them?

13. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Yeah, they wear boots and listen to Molly Hatchet.:lol:

14. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I gotta go down there sometime

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That sounds bad, Ace, but I'm still more scared of the dreaded Alaskan Snow Snake. Them things will crawl up your butt and freeze you to death! LOL

16. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I don't think you would see any of them takeing up the old Black Mamba.
    Because it would be the first and the last one they would ever handel.

:misdoubt: :look_down: :smile:

:cat:

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    1 Slight local swelling and/or pain, described as burning;
    2 Drooping or heavy eyelids;
    3 Loss of control of tongue or jaw;
    4 Slurred speech;
    5 Mental confusion;
    6 Blurred vision and dilated pupils;
    7 Paralysis of all muscle groups;
    8 Loss of tendon reflex;
    9 Drowsiness;

I had all these symptom's last time I got drunk.
    That is one bad snake, glad they live way over there.

18. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Ya, I got bit quite often back in the 70's. Thank God there's a cure.

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have heard that they are very friendly people.They are known for their hospitality.They don;t seem to have a selfish bone in their body.They will set you on the front row,and hand you the first and largest snake.I have a thing for and handled critters all of my life.I have never felt the call from God to do so.I do believe that if God calls on you to do or not to do something,you better obey.I believe that this is a very common and ordinary way of life for many.It is offered to all. If you choose to accept it,you find it is a lot better and easier with God running the show.peewee-williams

20. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Perhaps you are still suffering from some of the affects.peewee-williams