THE WORLDS FIRST TURBO DIESEL OUTBOARD

Discussion in 'Boating' started by riverbud55, Aug 12, 2008.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Just came across this http://www.megoutboard.com/index.php at the high price of gas this really does make since, but kinda heavy :smile2: I'm would think some of the big manufactures are also working on them also but these guy's are the first. Anybody down in FL seen them on the water?

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    6,8 or 11 gallons per hour at rated hp. GEEMANEEZ........and nearly 800lbs. I always wondered why they didnt have a diesel outboard, would be great for biodiesel. I am sure in the future this will be the way to go, just hope they get the wieght down. Shoot my boat would sink with this on it LOL. Good info. Thank you

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Yeah, and with WOT at 4000 RPMs, that would be pretty interesting to see!! Would it get up on plane at 1500 RPMs? hahah :eek:oooh:

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    sure is interesting, thanks for the post

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Weights not really that bad at 300 hp - the Merc Verado 300 is only 100lb lighter. If the same weight applies to the lower power models, then yeah, that's a bit rough. Wonder how they compensate for the low RPM - prop sizing?

Still pretty neat, especially if you get a conversion kit and make it run on used fryer oil:smile2:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you used your old fish frying oil, would the exhaust create a chum line? :tounge_out: