The Wooly Worm

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

This isn't MY writing, not sure who it belongs to, maybe my sis. She sent this to me as just a part of something, and for this forum I'm paraphrasing a bit.

Some folks would really think I need my head examined. I've been standing in my garage cheering a wooly worm on as he made his way across the cement floor and started up the plywood wall on the other side. Wooly seemed to make it effortlessly across the cement. Then when nearing the wall, he raised his head up several times, I suppose to check out the obstacle before him.....the wall.....straight up......no alternative except to go back where he came from. He inched his way up and began his journey. I watched as his pace slowed and many times he stopped as if contemplating whether or not to continue. O, how I can identify with this little creature. Onward and upward, I'm constantly striving. Sometimes the way is hard and I am distracted by my surroundings. I must keep my eyes forward and press on toward the goal.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Feeling philosophical this morning, 'eh Tanya? Why didn't ya just step on him. His journey would have been over and that energy would not have been wasted.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I wasn't there, and I'm not sure who was :tounge_out: John. But yes, maybe I am a l'il bit philosophical this morning. So sorry if YOUR energy was wasted, but I wouldn't step on anybody to keep 'em from their journey :wink:. Even a mere wooly worm.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's not the journeys we take, it is the destination we must arrive at. All in between is superfluous.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I didn't think you could travel anymore PB. I don't wanna go without you. That wouldn't be :cool2:. Oh, NM, we're experiencing the in between part :big_smile:. Laura, Leslie and I will decide on the destination. And we might let your lovely wife in on it.....but SHE said that depends on whether you REALLY post a picture of your gf. And ya gotta stop usin' those big words, I had to get the dictionary.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    That reminds me of a little thing I read years ago. A man was down in the dumps because his life was full of troubles. He relayed his feelings to an old man and the old man took him to an old oak tree that had a very old fence on it. He said the answer is in that tree. And it truly was. Study the tree.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    what was his color pattern like? More black then brown? vise versa? In PA, they say you can judge the severity of winter by the wooly bears color pattern.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wooly worms and syphillis! What are you two talkin about? LOL!

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George. Is syphilis from a woolly worm, no matter the color, superfluous or just the end of the journey? Or maybe it is the beginning of the journey. Hope I don't have a ticket for that trip. Who takes ticket on your train George? Hey George if you have a ticket taker, can you steal one of those funny looking hats for me? It would go cool with my motorcycle jacket. I would wear it only in the beer joint when there are no woolly worms crawling the wall.

10. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Once had an old gentleman explain to me how to read the weather from a wooly worm but I must have got it wrong 'cause it don't work fer me.:crazy: